Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Back to school for crappie anglers - Brad Wiegmann

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back to school for crappie anglers - Brad Wiegmann

Name:  Todd Huckabee photo for crappie.com article.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  135.8 KB

No more pencils, no more books and no more teachers for you? Better think twice because Crappie
    University isn’t your normal class. It’s all about how anglers can learn to become better crappie anglers
    by expert instructors.

These classes are not seminars where the professional angler promotes his sponsors products. Crappie
    University focuses on sharing to the student anglers fishing information and instructors knowledge by
    utilizing hands-on demonstrations, detailed instruction, and multi-media. Class topics cover everything
    from fishing shallow to deep and techniques.

Name:  Lee Pitts for crappie com article Brad wiegmann.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  139.1 KB
    Name:  Kyle Schoenherr holding a nice Rend Lake Crappie.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  163.0 KB

Instructors for Crappie University (www.crappieuniversity.com) (Phone: 866-907- 1605) are the best-of-
    the-best when it comes to crappie fishing. Here’s list of just a few: Todd Huckabee, Barry Morrow, Lee
    Pitts, Kevin Rogers, Kyle Schoenherr, George Toalson, Kent Driscoll, Dan Dannenmueller, Brad Chappell
    and many more. Each instructor is familiar with the waters in the locations they are teaching. Instructors
    at each school are usually changed to allow for new information and topics to be covered.

Renowned Oklahoma fishing guide Todd Huckabee is scheduled to be at several of the events this year.
    “My topic is going to be Myth Busting and really I don’t want to give anything away, but anglers are
    going to find this topic really exciting. I will tell you that the information is going to really help crappie
    anglers that don’t get to fish every day catch more fish. We’ll also cover some topics that serious crappie
    anglers can learn from too,” said Huckabee.

Huckabee also noted that the classes are really different from attending a seminar or listening to a
    speaker at a boat show. “Everyone is there to learn and you can tell it the moment they walk through
    the classroom door. No one is getting up to leave during the presentations or other distractions that
    always happen at seminars,” said Huckabee. Anglers will be able to interact one-on- one with Huckabee
    and other instructors at the end of each session night.

A different instructor teaches different topics or techniques during the 2-hour session over four
    evenings. Anglers will find out what catches crappie and techniques used to catch them in their area.
    Most of the Mid-South region is covered from Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland,
    Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas all hosting Crappie University classes
    Each class at Crappie University consists of four classes of 2-hours. Minimum age for enrollment is 18,
    however, age restrictions may vary by site location. Enrollment fee of $89 is the same for all ages and
    child or other guest are not allowed to come into the classroom. The fee covers course material and
    several different samples of jigheads or soft plastic lures.

Be aware that each university/college handles the registration process so early enrollment is
    encouraged. So, waiting to the last minute could mean the class could be sold out if you don’t enroll
    prior to the event. Either way make sure to contact the university/college before hand to check for
    availability.

Name:  Crappie University logo for crappie.com article.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  18.8 KB

Crappie University classes are perfect for all crappie anglers from novice to tournament crappie anglers.
    It’s great for finding out how to catch crappie before heading out to your local pond, river or reservoir.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to go but with three classes offered during the week that precludes a hotel stay as it would be for three separate stays. Too far to attend then drive back. I will keep watching for something closer to Central Texas.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    Likes EWS LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the best Crappie fishing in Kentucky is in the Western part of the state. I think there would be a large crowd if there was one scheduled in that area!

Post Thanks / Like

I would travel as well for a day-long course, but not for four different two-hour courses.

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We need one in north Alabama I went to the one last year in Birmingham it was a 2 1/2 hour drive for me one way but it was well worth it and was planning on going to one this year but they didn't have any in Alabama one of the best crappie states in the US.

Post Thanks / Like

I posted similar input a few weeks ago. Alabama, West Tennessee, and Kentucky, lots of interest, no classes.
    i think it would be wise for the Crappie University promoters to ask for input prior to scheduling the class.
    i don't fully understand why they can only use University, or College facilities, but it's their business.
    A full day, of (4) 2 hour classes, might be too much for one day, but it would allow one to drive 3 hours one way, attend, then return home.

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lane47 View Post
    I posted similar input a few weeks ago. Alabama, West Tennessee, and Kentucky, lots of interest, no classes.
    i think it would be wise for the Crappie University promoters to ask for input prior to scheduling the class.
    i don't fully understand why they can only use University, or College facilities, but it's their business.
    A full day, of (4) 2 hour classes, might be too much for one day, but it would allow one to drive 3 hours one way, attend, then return home.
    . I definitely agree especially if it was on a Saturday or Sunday I would travel several hours for a 1 full day class.

Dutchman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going .
    Likes Quailtail LIKED above post

Dutchman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of big talk . Memphis class canceled. Guess the big timers didn't figure 8 students were with their trouble .