HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They are NOT biting ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default They are NOT biting ?

I roll up at 4:30 am to a parking lot full of trucks , and I pay my 5 bux and chat with some folks that are leaving and said darnit I thought I was early to the party and they said no worries you aint missing anything they are NOT biting
    so here comes another guy leaving next as I grab my rod and tackle and I said I hear they are NOT biting . he says yep they quit about an hour ago but it was on last night late ....
    so I walk over to spot in the dark I like to hit and there is a guy over on the boat dock not far away and he responds to my hello with a sure is slow they NOT biting ....
    so I thought to myself hmmmmm , sure have heard that a few times in my life , wonder if its true .of course I always tell myself not biting for you maybe ....so I pitch my jig off into the water and it settles and THUMP ! one hits the hand , I pitch the jig out a second time and THUMP another hits my hand ! I continue to whack every pitch for about 8 in a row and holler over at the man on the dock and said I thought they are NOT biting bro ?
    anyway I told him he could have the keepers if he wanted them and he took quite a few as I continued to whack them for an hour and a half or so , at that point I was terribly chilled and he had his truck running and told me to go sit in it with him for a bit and warm up some . I gladly obliged and we chatted a bit and he fell asleep after about 10 minutes and eased off and went back to them . my fish count was 58 in 3 hours and that's not exactly ripping a record number out but to be sure it was pretty decent for a night visit when they are NOT biting .........
    remember this yawl , don't be discouraged by this chit chat from others and stay focused on the task at hand and quite often you will find that the NOT biting crappie will in fact bite ....this much I know to be true
    I did manage one bass but that was an accident and he was NOT biting , the jig just kinda got in his lip .....
    jig of choice remains the same and the fish were in around 12 foot or less of water on the bottom near brush and rocks .
    stay tuned and have a great day
    p.s. YES I was sauced up on this trip when they were NOT biting ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks jackie53 thanked you for this post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Awseome!glad you had the sauce!

Post Thanks / Like

Was the sauce on the jigs or in your tummy?

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

You tell'em you were using Slabsauce? You think that's what made the difference?
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

WTG Outlaw! I too have had days where the locals were saying nothing happening and waited while and since had driven good way and only had limited time so fished anyway. then suddenly the bite turned on and really killed them.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure is funny the look on those "they ain't bite'n fellas"
    face when they are in fact bite'n....

Post Thanks / Like

I have herd that one before. Also (you should have been here yesterday) way to go !

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like they "were not Biting"LOL!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard this often and typically respond, i guess we shall see , does the sauce make them bite ? Maybe yes sometimes, but it for sure gives me confidence and i know the fish like it ...and yes them no bite folks give me some looks at times as well ..

Post Thanks / Like

Do i tell them about the sauce...yep .. but most carry their own of some other kind and just use it instead of sampling mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast