Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wateree today

Post Thanks / Like

Default wateree today

i met screwdriver and his pard gary at colonels creek landing this am and we set out across the lake with a lot of cold air surrounding us. once we got out to our fishing grounds, things started changing aboard wesleys toon. while me and gary set out lines, wesley magically transformed his toon from a open boat in the winter air to a snug room with heat as he put up the walls of his boat and set up a propane heater to warm things up. once we got the lines set out, we all gathered around the fire and chewed the fat while we was waiting on bites.. the bite today was slow with us catching two stripers, one about 5 lbs and one about 4. we had three or four other pulls with no hookups. the neat thing about todays trip wasnt the fish we dint catch but the comfort we was in all day aboard this toon. at lunch time, wesley fired up his generator and plugged in his electric grill and presto, in no time at we was eating hot hamburgers. he even thought to bring wheat bread for the burgers since he knew i couldnt eat white bread. you wanna a cup of hot coffee, no problem. fire up the generator and plug in the coffee pot and presto, hot coffee. this was most definately the comfortableist cold day ive spent on the water. no wind blew till after one pm,, the water was like glass so there goes the weather mans yesterday report for today. damn feller needs to be looking for himself another job. anyway,, we fished till dark,, drifted, anchored and down lined and slip corked the day away. when it was over i come to the conclusion that i wouldnt mind having a toon set up like wesleys. anybody wanna buy the beast? i think the water temp today was about 45 degrees and the water was pretty muddy, which i think contrbuted to our bad bite today.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Man Rango - And you are still able to call that fishing???

Yeah - That sounds pretty comfortable alright!!!!

Too bad about the bite!!!

I did find an old picture I put on GA board from last year sometime if you want to check it out!!!

Later - GABoy
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GABoy
    Man Rango - And you are still able to call that fishing???

Yeah - That sounds pretty comfortable alright!!!!

Too bad about the bite!!!

I did find an old picture I put on GA board from last year sometime if you want to check it out!!!

Later - GABoy
    im hoping that tomorrow ill be sending some photos your way in email. yeah, today was one of the most comfortable days ive spent on the water. with electric power on his boat the possibilities are limitless for what can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking beast vs. the ritz

Ok Rango, if your boat is The Beast then his boat has to be The Ritz! That sounds like a good stay at the Ritz Carlton in NYC instead of a day of striper pounding. I must say that did sound like a great way to hit the lake. Makes me a little green eyed with the jealous bug. :D

Post Thanks / Like

it aint often this old coon gets to experience a lot of lifes little pleasures all wrapped up in a neat package like wesleys got his boat set up.. today was one of them days.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be looking for those pictures.....talk to you soon!

- GABoy
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rango

I would rather be cold and catch fish to keep warm! The beast has a certain smell that bring fish to the boat !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    I would rather be cold and catch fish to keep warm! The beast has a certain smell that bring fish to the boat !
    dang marty,, im flattered LOL.. the bite was bad yesterday, but tolerable cause of the heated hooch we had to retreat to. the first time i dropped a line over and brought it in, the ice formed on my reel spool so thick it stopped reeling in and i had to blow on it to melt the ice so i could bring it on in

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like i may need to jump ship........ :D
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just done some stupid. While cleaning up the boat one of the crappie rods that I took, the hook got into one of the bimin hold down rope. Well I just broke off the line figuring I would get it out later. Later on I went to jerk the rope that was wrapped around something else, I got impaled but a pretty little gold fish hook. Now I am on my way to the doctor to get it cut out. I couldn't push it through because it is the leader of my finger, but I can still type. =====So let this be a lesson to always remove hooks from anchor lines or any other ropes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast