Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Price for crappies?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Price for crappies?

I ran across this video this morning.if I had this set up, I'm pretty sure catching crappie would be a little easier.i don't keep up with the gear and electronics, if there is someone that does, (Ricky maybe???), how much did this man pay for the (3) Hummingbirds he has on the boat?https://youtu.be/lrt7ZB1lRCo
    Likes Mike1234 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Considering that he is an angler that gets paid to fish in some form or fashion, he has a deal with a company that supplies them. Or, he used his sponsorship/advertising dollars to pay for them. Either way, he didn't shuck out the full dollar value for those units.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    Considering that he is an angler that gets paid to fish in some form or fashion, he has a deal with a company that supplies them. Or, he used his sponsorship/advertising dollars to pay for them. Either way, he didn't shuck out the full dollar value for those units.
    I agree, he most likely didn't pay for them, but he's promoting the idea that to catch crappie, here is a great method, so if you or me want to go out and fish this way, what's the price, just for electronics? I realize that a boat, and TM, are also required, but I have those already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lane47 View Post
    I ran across this video this morning.if I had this set up, I'm pretty sure catching crappie would be a little easier.i don't keep up with the gear and electronics, if there is someone that does, (Ricky maybe???), how much did this man pay for the (3) Hummingbirds he has on the boat?https://youtu.be/lrt7ZB1lRCo
    having just bought an ultrex and helix 9 gen 2. i can tell ya theres over $10,000.00. in electronics alone. i personally don't see the need for that many 10inch screens 1 9in at the helm and a small helix 5 up front is all i want. everything else just gets in the way, but i fish for fun, not my living.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I recall catching just as many crappie back when I used a basic Eagle 480 monochrome unit ... It just took longer ...

High tech electronics simply makes eliminating "dead" water more efficient ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

I have three on my boat.

When tournament fishing (which is what I am doing) it is far easier to have a helm unit dedicated specifically to mapping while running another unit that runs DS or SS. I have an aditional unit at the front (when jigging) and move it to the back when trolling. Probably close to 7grand in electronics alone. Many guys are starting to connect their trolling motor direct to their fish finders. Having a dedicated unit at the helm that runs mapping and the TM features frees up the other unit to run your fish finder and other screens.

Mine have the ability to split screens up to 4 times. Although it can be useful on one unit, it makes all the screens smaller. Having that dedicated navigation unit is a huge help.

Can I catch fish with one unit? Sure. Can I catch them without a unit. Sure.

I look at it this way. Some guys like to purchase big tires for their truck, a loud exhaust. They put bigger tires and pretty rims on it. In the end, did it do that much for them? No.

Do all those units put more fish in the box? Probably not. But, in my case, it makes me more efiiciant on the water. Efficiency can be the difference of putting 5 fish in the box or 25 fish in the box.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes squirrel dog, chimneyman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Prolly cost 12 grand or so!!!!!!!!!!!
    Paid $900 for mine :>}

Post Thanks / Like

To each his own. Looks like an ideal setup to me. I really enjoy using my electronics to help find fish. I'm also a big fan of single pole fishing and the Lew's poles he is using are the best ones I have used. I also love my big screen tv at home to watch fishing videos.
    Likes chulai1968, DRFISHDUCK, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think wicklundrh hit the nail on the head. You don't have to have all those electronics to be successful at catching fish. Heck, you don't need them to be successful in tournaments. It does make you way more efficient on the water.

This is coming from a guy just put a GPS on his boat within the last year. I haven't even really used it yet, but it's gonna help me in the long run. I'd love to have a setup like this fella but that'll probably never happen LOLu

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Hooking up every chance I get!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't own anything real fancy and won my "high" end unit at a crappie gathering , that said it does have a gps on it and does have hd di and it really isn't any better at helping me find my local fish than the old eagle my old boat came with . I do see where si and some of the other higher tech gadgets have a place for professional fisherman and I have several buds that run some expensive stuff , but to some degree its like everything else , we are just boys with toys and as we grow up they cost a bit more ....LOL
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes "G", "D" LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast