Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Patience Pays Off

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patience Pays Off

My partner and I began fishing at 9:30 this morning braving the cold and the wind. At 1:30 p.m. we had only 14 keepers. After trying many depths I finally found fish in 14 to 16 feet of water. We ended the day with 49 slabs, one weighing 2.0 lbs. that I released along with a couple 1 1/2 pounders that were full of eggs. It looks like they will be ready to spawn in a couple of weeks. We caught our fish on 1/16 oz. Wooley Booger Jig #682 June bug and yellow and #692 black and chartreuse. We tried some 1/8 oz. jigs earlier with little success. We'll have photos on our website of this catch early this next week - www.wooleyboogerjigs.com.

Post Thanks / Like

Where were you fishing? Sounds like you had a good time and sometimes just sticking to it is the ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. Glad somebody is putting it all together. The weather is killing me. The fronts are punding us on the weekend and I just can't seem to get a fix on em' fishing one day a week. Work is definitely mucking up the fishing. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I worked my rear off on Oologah today. Found three bites, 3 fish, all male, 10' deep suspended in open water. Tough day on the lake, wind was the enemy. Congrats on the great trip!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry