Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hook removal 101

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hook removal 101

Hooked myself (not counting the little ones in the hands) two times this past year that requires assistance to remove. Got ‘em both out on the water though and no doctor bills! Enjoy! https://youtu.be/k-5XxUAnqOc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!
    Likes blueball, Cardsfan55 LIKED above post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised that all fishermen don't know how to do that. I was watching a bass fishing competition Saturday where one of the fishermen using a jerk bait with triple treble hooks ended up catching 2 fish at the same time. When he landed them the fish slipped in his hand burying one of the hook in his finger. They first removed the treble from the bait then proceeded to cut the 2 other hooks on the treble off leaving the one stuck in his finger there for the rest of the day to be removed later. He continued fishing and ended up winning top spot for the day. I've used the technique twice before with excellent results.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes kingkrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Its amazing how many guys come to the ER to have this done for ab $500. I wish I had a nickel for every one I've removed over the last 25 years. I do inject a little local anesthetic, but I'm not sure if it helps enough to go thru the trouble. I think its more a mental thing than anything else.
    If you were on trial for being a Christian would there be enough evidence to convict you??

Former Navy Corpsman

Post Thanks / Like

I have did it a few times on myself and did it to my grandson on his head,neither of us felt the hook come out.i use a piece of string at the bend of hook and press the eye of hook with my finger to my skin and jerk quickly,like pulling a loose tooth,no problem
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have used it a couple of times on guys. They never felt it come out and heals quick. Piece of 1/8 in dowel rod about 6 inches long and tie on a piece of 20/30 lb braid with a loop knot tied in other end. Put with your first aid kit.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Beavz, kingkrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I had my neighbor pull a treble hook out of my hand about a month ago. He was amazed how well the string method worked for removing the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

The failed pull the first time hurt more than anything. I tried to instruct her how to tie on the line, the first time she tied it around the neck of the jig! Hence my comment, “are you trying to kill me?!”

I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrappie View Post
    The failed pull the first time hurt more than anything. I tried to instruct her how to tie on the line, the first time she tied it around the neck of the jig! Hence my comment, “are you trying to kill me?!”

OUCH... I bet that hurt.