Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Keeping your rods organize

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keeping your rods organize

I troll for crappie using 10 rods and if someone with me usually 18. My problems is organizing rods in a 14 foot boat, so they want get hung up on each other every time I go to another fishing hole without buying a bigger boat or using less rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there HH, Same problem that I always had. Here's what I have done to my boat to fix this problem. Use 1 1/4 I.D. PVC to make some rode tubes. Mine just happen to be cut 13 1/2 inches long but whatever works for you. I've learned that they can be closer together than what I have mine here. We put my buddy CrappieKeeper's at 12" apart.

If you are going to stack them on top of each other along the side of your boat a really helpful tip is to hook the hook/hooks in the hook keeper and/or foam handle then reach up and hold the line away from the rod a few inches as you twirl the rod 3 times. This will help keep the tips from catching on each other. Just grab the line and untwist the rods and you're ready to fish!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

that a good ideal with the pvc

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Slabbandit,

That is a pretty good idea...Only concern I have is putting long rods in those pvc rod holders...While the engine is wide open....Do you have any problems with the rods bending or causing damage to them?...I will be using 10ft rods most of the time...Just get back with me and give me some feedback..

Jeremy
    Thanks
    Bye

Post Thanks / Like

heres a couple photos i have of some verticle rod holders i put in my boat for holding rods. i have em across the back, aroudn the console and across the edge of the front deck. ive never had a rod to blow out of em, even on the highway.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Try this thread. I got a lot of help from it. http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=35881

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank all for help

I really appreciate that info.