Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: senstive crappie pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default senstive crappie pole

What is the most senstive, pole you've used,
    have used several 7&8 micro-lite, (bass pro) like them, but sure do break easy,
    was wonder about 10& 12 foot poles.
    buddy was telling me wizard, Was wondering what tournment boys use and is their that much difference in them, brand that is.
    Jim

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Heaton's super sensitive.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Bert Bennett(Crappie Wizard) i love. It is the same as my Outlaw Ultra Lite. Outlaw stopped making the UL version. I love mine and it is light as a feather(10ft).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rods

10ft. Sam Heaton super sensitive

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshalls Mighty Lites are great! Super Sensitive,Light enough to use all day,and plenty of backbone!! I"ve hauled in a 8 1/2 lb Bass and a 10= cat on mine!! The price won"t break you either
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

sam heaton, very sensative
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Most sensitive rod I've ever had my hands on is the StCroix Avid ultalight. It feels like it has electronics in it transmitting the hits to your hands. Its an expensive rod though. The 7 foot ultralight avid is so nice its really worth the $160 bucks. You notice the difference the moment you have the rod in your hands.

Here is another rod I have never heard mentioned here on crappie.com, but that I have been impressed with for years and now this year has a new feature that should make it one of the most sensetive rods you can put your hands on. The Shimano Compre. They use excellent blanks with really interesting actions that are super sensitive, and this year they have introduced a handle that has the section of the foregrip that your index finger touches ground down right to the blank so that your finger is right on the blank when fishing. Other more expensive maker have some similar things for direct finger contact on the blank while fishing. Lamiglass has one and Kistler as well. Really pricey rods though.

A rule of thumb for finding really sensitive rods is look for IM7 or above graphite used in the rod blanks. There are a couple less expensive crappie spinning rods that use higher modulus graphite graphite.

Ozark crappie rods by cabelas - http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...238&hasJS=true

Wally marshall IM8 rods are on sale now. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...002000_100-2-4
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't care what the make is just as long it is a ONE piece rod. The one piece rods seem more sensitive to me the the 2 or 3 piece rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Try an Outlaw and you will not be disappointed. They have 10' ,11', 12', and a 14' in the long rods have some that are shorter as well. Buy the way I think have two or three of the old UL 10' rods left.

contact me for pricing.

[email protected]
    Last edited by charlie H; 03-18-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

9' Sam Heaton from B & M. Also have a 8' WM Mighty Lite that is very sensitive.