Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Big Sandy and Crappiehound

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Sandy and Crappiehound

Paul and I met up with Crappiehound (John) and his friend Josh this morning and spent the day fishing Big Sandy. Well, of course, the 5-10 mph winds were more like 10-15 mph and 55 degrees turned into more like 45 degrees and the sun barely peeked out at all, but we had a big time, caught us a few nice fish and enjoyed making new friends. Can't wait for the next trip!

Here's a pic of the fellas in John's new Xpress.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I knew you two would beat me home and get a post up first. I would just like to say that Paul and Vonna are exceptional people. Josh and I had a great time with these two. They were overflowing with information and great "guides" for my first trip to Big Sandy. As they said the weather wasn't the greatest and I got tuned up by everyone out there including my buddy in the back of the boat. The crappie are being a bit snubbish with me about my new boat. I don't have one excuse other than I just couldn't catch a fish...well I struggled to catch two.

Anyway, this trip wasn't about me at all rather... two great people that let me circle thier boat like a shark all day and mark points for future fishing trips. Thanks Paul and Vonna we had a great time. Josh and I are looking forward to doing it again.

CanePole we missed ya!

Here is a couple of pics of the King and Queen working thier magic.

Last edited by CrappieHound; 03-17-2007 at 07:34 PM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys had a good time. Wish I could have been there with you all. As I said, we have sick folks here. One died yesterday. Been expecting this to happen. He was 85. Funeral is Monday. Like I said before, some things come before fishing.

I know (by the picture) where you guys been. haha
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 03-17-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Sure am sorry to hear that Canepole...Your family will be in our prayers. My family went through a similar thing last Fall so I can empathize with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Your heart is in the right place Cane Pole. Take care of your love ones and those crappie will be there when the time is right. My condolences and prayers

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some fine looking XPRESS boats yall have. I got one If I can ever get done with it so I can use it. I hope it rides in rough water as good as they say.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine takes the chop and waves well. These aren't your grandfather's flat bottom boats, that's for sure. Which model do you have?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2002 Xpress X60 which I had bought as project boat from a brooker. It should make a very good crappie boat with the higher sides and more lower floor space. It has to ride better then my other boat its replacing.

Post Thanks / Like

What size motor do you have? I'm not going to lie...I LOVE MY BOAT! I can't sleep at night. I hope the week of Spring Break can cure some of that because I am going to camp out in that thing! HAPPY FISHING!