Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Humminbird Class Chicago 01/28/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Class Chicago 01/28/18

Hi, I plan to attend this class to hopefully use my new Humminbird 12 Helix Mega unit to its full potential. I was wanting to check with Crappie.com members to see if someone else might be attending this class, maybe meet and help each other out as the class is in session. I am new to Humminbird electronics as the BPS Marine counter convinced me they were better units for what I'm wanting to use them for. Has anyone been, if so can you give some pointers about what to expect? I have copied page for page the operations manual that came with the unit but the online manual is much more in-depth. Do I need to print it off as well? Any help will be greatly appreciated! I also ponied up the $2500 for the Minn Kota Ultrex, now if this cold weather would go away!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You could spend a whole lot less $$ and get more personalized training by hiring Rickie(rnvinc) to go with you in YOUR boat for his 1/2 day Humminbird training.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks MrDux, I explored that option also and the price was $300 for 1/2 day with someone other than Rickie (Rickie might be cheaper) but I want to be ready when the weather gets fishable. I'd be shivering to bad to learn anything this time of year with the weather we've had lately. The class was $125 plus travel expenses but its a nice warm conference room at the Hilton. I'm capable of learning this but a little help will make it go easier. I might end up still hiring someone on the water if I'm not happy with the results, after a $5000 investment into this trolling motor/depth finder I'm not going to back up from spending a few hundred to get the most from them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    You could spend a whole lot less $$ and get more personalized training by hiring Rickie(rnvinc) to go with you in YOUR boat for his 1/2 day Humminbird training.
    I agree with mrdux,there's also a guy at Pickwick that does on the water training.They can even check out your install and see if something needs to be tweaked.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk