Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lookin for pics of side scan transducer TM mounts...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lookin for pics of side scan transducer TM mounts...

I am wanting to see some ideas on mounts for a side scan transducer on a trolling motor. I have mine mounted on the bottom of TM. Don't really like the idea of it there. Seems like the pic is not very clear when I am turning the motor. Let's see some pics. Thanks
    Triton Tr-196
    200hp Mercury
    Garmin
    Huckabee Rods

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I use one of these and get NO interference from the trolling motor, which sounds like what is happening to you
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Probably talking about the blur you get when turning the TM with any degree of speed while viewing sv. I try to turn slowly as possible, or just accept it and realize it will clear back up in about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of display. But Wannabe is correct in that Rickie's stick, or similar mounting, will eliminate both TM RF interference and this distortion factor.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I'll check it out.
    Triton Tr-196
    200hp Mercury
    Garmin
    Huckabee Rods

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

TeeDee is correct .... DI or SI images will be blurred or have gaps in the fluidity of the screen picture if the transducer is quickly turned .... which happens when the transducer is on the trolling motor.

This pic illustrates that :

Name:  001_zpsdc7f307a.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  244.1 KB

Taken with my previous DI unit, this picture shows what happens to the screen image when you have to turn the trolling motor to avoid collisions (or even making a quick directional change to stay on course). The left side image is of a cedar tree that I ran over, showing it in good detail. Then I noticed that my direction was going go cause the trolling motor to collide with a hardwood top that was in between the two cedar trees, so I zig zagged around the stump ... resulting in the fragmented image.

With a SI unit ... fast course corrections will disrupt the screen image just like this, but probably even more fragmentation will show on the screen, because the SI sonar ping is at a much greater angle & covers more side to side distance.