HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiderrig poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spiderrig poles

I'm thinking about getting some new spiderrig poles.I have the southerns and really like them until it's windy,too much tip action.A buddy has Capps and colemans and they do alot better than the southerns when it's windy. Probably gonna go bgjp's or capps and colemans if I change.What poles would be best in windy conditions,question is for people that fish in windy conditions.I wish I had a couple poles from every manufacturer and could do a side by side comparison,seems like someone would have done one by now.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a YouTube video with Ronnie Capps. He said add more weight so the weight and limber tip counter each other and keep the bait in the strike zone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lloakley930 View Post
    I saw a YouTube video with Ronnie Capps. He said add more weight so the weight and limber tip counter each other and keep the bait in the strike zone.
    Yep,know about adding weight, but some poles have a faster tip.I believe the southerns have a faster tip because there made out of carbon and kevlar.A graphite pole I believe has a slower tip,or that's what it looks like.

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It can get too windy to haul gravel. I have Capps & Coleman rods and like them. But if I ever have a reason to change I'm
    going to switch to Southern Crappie Rods because of toughness. I have fished with both and there is very little difference in
    action.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    It can get too windy to haul gravel. I have Capps & Coleman rods and like them. But if I ever have a reason to change I'm
    going to switch to Southern Crappie Rods because of toughness. I have fished with both and there is very little difference in
    action.
    In a Alum boat there's a lot of difference in action in the wind.My southerns are 14ft and my buddies capps and colemans are 16fters,that's the only difference.I have even mixed in a 12ft bgjp with my 14ft southerns and the shorter bgjp does a better job in my opinion.Note this is in heavy wind situations,15mphplus.

Likes Rees Guide LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use BnM Capps and Colemans. 14 footers.....I like them
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You can long line or crank bait in 15 mph winds but I solely slow troll. Where I fish it is impossible to fish in 15 mph winds
    and is very bumpy coming in.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes footballcoach LIKED above post
    Thanks BigMac1 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You can long line or crank bait in 15 mph winds but I solely slow troll. Where I fish it is impossible to fish in 15 mph winds
    and is very bumpy coming in.
    You can spiderrig in heavy wind with the right setup,sometimes I will single pole when I can't control my poles.Have started fishing some tournaments and on tourny days you still have to fish when it's windy.Just trying to find the most productive setup.I love my southern crappie poles for the most part,sensative,tough,good backbone,great price,but think there's a better option for windy days.

Thanks BigMac1 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

action.
    You'll be disappointed in the wind, Southerns are some kinda stout and in good conditions but in the wind the Capps will fish circles around them with way less cussing. Been using Denali's for a year and prefer them over anything else I have used and they do good in the wind.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    You'll be disappointed in the wind, Southerns are some kinda stout and in good conditions but in the wind the Capps will fish circles around them with way less cussing. Been using Denali's for a year and prefer them over anything else I have used and they do good in the wind.
    Yep my thoughts exactly reese,would like to have some denali's,but too cheap.Will most likely end up with bgjp's or capps and colemans unless I can find someone to fish with that has a different brand.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast