Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What is the weight calculator?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is the weight calculator?

Do crappie have a system where you can multiply and divide the length and girth to find a weight? I don't have a digital scale, so this could help with some of my slabs.
    If you've got fishin' fever, I've got the fishin' PLAGUE!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Yep, they do ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbzilla
    Do crappie have a system where you can multiply and divide the length and girth to find a weight? I don't have a digital scale, so this could help with some of my slabs.
    'Zilla ... but, it isn't very accurate. Weight calculation formulas are a "averaging guesstimate". Most are based on Length x Length x Length -- divided by 1200 = x pounds. Doing that with a 12" fish, comes to 1.44lbs ... and makes no distinction between a thin fish, or fat fish. Some calculators would come up with a 12" fish weighing 1.1lbs .... a possible error rate of 0.34lbs (or about 5oz)

..... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Here you go Gibbzilla, You don't need to have the girth but it would probablly be more accurate if you did use both L. and G.

http://www.tadspoles.com/catalog/Fis...tor-sp-34.html

mini moe

ps For some reason I have to right click links and get the open box to appear before the links will open. I don't know if everyone has this problem or not. Can I get some feed back on this subject? I can left click twice on some things but most of the time I have to right click then click open to get it to work.
    Last edited by mini moe; 03-18-2007 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

if this is accurate i am throwing my old crappy scale away... the thing seems binded up a little bit.. last summer i caught a 22.5 inch smallie that had close to seven inches at the widest part. so that would put the girth close to 16. my scale red out 3.8 pounds, the calculator red out over 6lb's.. if that is the case.. i threw back my rivers record smallmouth. possibly state record.. i will for sure be checkin this scale again before i weight a trophy fish.
    highlife... the krystal of all beers

Post Thanks / Like

Yepp.... one that long with that width would be over 6lbs.