Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: "This Happened to Me"

Post Thanks / Like

Default "This Happened to Me"

This is not a joke so to speak but was pretty funny as it was going on yesterday while I was fishing.
    Saturday afternoon around 2:30 I mixed a couple of bags of cement and started making some crappie structures. I used some old potting containers and pallet slats. I placed the slats in vertical positions and then put cement in the containers to hold them in place and to make them heavy enough to sink. Well, Sunday morning I put the containers in the back of the truck with my little boat and went to my favorite pit. I anchored the boat over a drop-off going from around 8' to 16' and dropped the three structures in the water and watched them sink. All at once the slats started popping out of the water in all directions. It looked like missles coming from a submarine. I had six planks in each bucket and they all fired off. Some of them suckers left the water for a good two to three feet. All I could do was hit the deck and cover my head. After the show was over I looked around to make sure I was alone in the pit and started laughing.
    Please, make sure the concrete is cured before you put stuff in the water.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon you didn't hit .22 bullets with a hammer when you was a kid did ya??? sounds like something that would happen to me!!!
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    Deacon you didn't hit .22 bullets with a hammer when you was a kid did ya??? sounds like something that would happen to me!!!
    No, but we used to throw them in the camp fire

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same thing happen with Christmas trees once, those things came out of the water like killer whales. Next time drive some nails half way through the part embedded in the concrete, it will help anchor the wood in the concrete.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ahhh, That would be me...

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    Oh man CK, you don't know how close to the truth you are! My kid brother and I used to steal my Dad's 45's, and 6mm ammo. It is by the grace of God that we are still here! When my Dad found out that I had shot out a neighbor's car tire that was a 1/2 a block up the street is what ended my Rambo meets Magiver death wishes. Lots of mowing to be done that Summer...

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Went to a housefire once when I was on the fire dept many years ago. First arriving trucks reported gunshots. Seem the owner of the house was a sportman and loaded his own shotgun shells and rifle shells and had a small arsonal inside the house. We spent a good while dodging shells going off before we could attack the fire. Saw one of my buddies hidding behind the propane tanks. He was a newbie so we directed him to a safer spot.

Once was ordered to check out smoke coming from inside the major university on the west side of town. All the college students were running out of the building and I was going in. I got this strange feelling until I found the fire in a trash can and was able to put it out with a few sprayes of water.

Another time they called us out for a bomb in the university. Seems some prankster had called in a bomb threat to the authorities and we had to enter the building and search the entire university. Now that was a spokey run.

When I was very young I once threw some 22 shells in the camp fire and waited for them to go off. Stood back a long ways and hid behind a tree for a long time before the shells went off. We were camping out in the woods back behind the house and there was no one else within 3/4 of a mile from us.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default "This Happened to Me" II

I remember, not too long ago, fishing for what we call sacalait down here, with one of my good buddies. I would even say he is like a brother to me. He hooked a good size fish a howlered for me to GET THE NET! I got the net and stepped over the seat between us right into the minnow bucket. You know, One of those foam type that cracks real easy. We had about 100 shiners swiming around the bottom of the boat.
    I may not catch a lot of fish but I keep the trip interesting.
    Anybody else out there a jinks like me?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL know that feeling. I have seen a few dozen minnows flopping around in the bottom of my boat once. Just ask Jeff. Jerry and Richard and Russ can probably tell you that story LOL.
    Regards,

Moose1am