Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Monthly tackle box concept

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monthly tackle box concept

I keep seeing these for the bass guys; I.E. “mystery tackle box” and other similar concepts. A monthly fee for a mixed bag of jigs, cranks, hooks and the like. What I HAVEN’T seen is something similar for the crappie guys...ideas?
    Last edited by TimPierce; 01-07-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There was...forgot the exact name. Big credit card breach and it is no more.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am mixed on that idea. I did participate in one for bass fishing. What I learned regarding my own fishing is this. I gained nothing from this event. I already know what works and what does not according to MY fishing variables. What works is what I keep in stock. No need to keep experimenting and mentally thinking I need to throw this away and go back to my known producers. To be honest, I am still catching fish on lures that have not been made for 25 years.
    Now for the other side of the coin. Novice fishermen could quickly learn from this kind of event. Instead of spending lots of $$ and time for a learning curve, you can cover a lot of techniques and lures. That is a big help in stocking the correct presentations for YOUR type of fishing. You can "cull down" to your favorites and gain confidence in certain lures.
    Likes Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

done one on catfish wasn't impressed 2 or 3 months dropped
    stuff I wouldn't use gave it 90 per cent away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimPierce View Post
    I keep seeing these for the bass guys; I.E. “mystery tackle box” and other similar concepts. A monthly fee for a mixed bag of jigs, cranks, hooks and the like. What I HAVEN’T seen is something similar for the crappie guys...ideas?
    Both mystery tackle box and lucky tackle box have panfish boxes. I think if your new to fishing a certain species, these are interesting because they provide baits you may have never heard of. To silverside's point, if you already know what works these are probably a waste of money. On the business side of these boxes, I don't know how profitable a panfish box is to a bass box.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Enter the Contests here on c.com. It's free.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Redge, sds888 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've received them as kind hearted gifts. They base the value on MSRP, which you hardly ever pay; and are loaded with random filler junk. I wouldn't order them, not worth it and too much nonsense. IMHO you would have to market them to nonfishermen.
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EWS View Post
    I've received them as kind hearted gifts. They base the value on MSRP, which you hardly ever pay; and are loaded with random filler junk. I wouldn't order them, not worth it and too much nonsense. IMHO you would have to market them to nonfishermen.
    These are my thoughts as well.

The kind of stuff that they send you is what you'd find in the bargain bin for 99 cents. Not worth 15 bucks a month by any stretch.

Richard Gene did an unboxing in one of his recent videos. He didn't really share an opinion, but I felt like there was only one baggy of plastics in the whole box that he really cared for.

I have had 3 of their boxes delivered, none of the tackle was very memorable.