Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello 3/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello 3/16

Went to Wappapello today and did okay. I have had better days but I thought it was good considering the wind. We ended up with 15 good fish with most of them over 10 I think I had three 9in fish. If it works I am going to put a picture of my Boy with a coupel of fish he was proud of.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice:D Keep that boy after em

Post Thanks / Like

I spent a lot of time camping at wap when I was a kid, not that much fishing though. Were did you find the fish? I would like to make a quick run down this week end.

Post Thanks / Like

i have ben meaning to get down to wap and give it a try. did you catch a crazy number of dinks to get to those nice keepers? that seems to be the biggest complaint i hear from folks.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

man the smile says it all hook em on fishin early glad yall had a great time. keep it up

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me think back to the days on the creek or at Kentucky Lake. Keep that boy at em he knows how to catch fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishin the creek channels. Dippin? Minnows? Let us know.
    Don't need the area, just the technique.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caught on Flats

I caught these fish pulling a Bobber out of about six foot of water to three and a half. Allot of people were catching allot dinks in the shallow water but the bigger fish were deeper. I went today and did not fair as well but my buddy fished about 100 yards away on the river channel and caught 22 good ones in 12 foot. I did not have my tight line poles today wished I would have.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx. Wondering what to start with. Sounds like you have them workin towards the shallows in preparation. You're right about the tight line. I always have dippin' rods with me. I use them for both trollin' and dippin'. I like to keep a couple in the rod holders too if I'm casting as long as there aren't too many hang ups.

Thanx for the info.

GLGF&GB
    Standing in the Gap