HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof tackle box

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waterproof tackle box

I don’t have any storage compartments in my boat other than the open storage that’s under my deck at the front of the boat. (1648 grizzly tracker) i hate the tackle box i have now and been looking into waterproof hard tackle boxes, something that i can put
    Under that open storage area under my deck and not care if it rains. I’m tired of wagging my tackle box in and out of the boat before and after every time i go...what are y’all using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Southern Life Outdoors Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_4752.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  47.7 KBName:  IMG_4753.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  47.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

It does not answer your Question but, My Brothers Boat was built the same up front. out trolling motor has the Depth finder mounted to it. the base for the finder is mounted to a board . when the head is removed the power cord and depth finder base all fit nicely in the compartment nicely out of the weather and UV light
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Our Boat has a plastic storage box with a hinged lid, we store cast nets, life vests, Maps, rain Gear, and sun screen. We keep the Depth finder heads in gallon plastic bags with Rice for moisture. even though rain can not get into this box condensation forms in it and things get wet and has to be laid out in the sun , it keeps clutter to a minium and we do not loose anything on the lake or the Road home.

Post Thanks / Like

Plano has the small clear boxes that have a gasket around them to keep the water out. You could put those in a bag up under there. Plano also has a bag thats water proof but I'm not sure of your boat storage access hole.
    Likes need2befishin LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Storage answers

I have an idea that may solve your problem, but not a quick and easy fix. What about extending the front deck some and mounting a couple of solid mount hatch cabinets to hold the plano boxes. The link is to one I found at West Marine but they come in about any configuration you can dream of. Hope this helps a little.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/tempr...02?recordNum=9
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes tigerinfielder3 LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Added a storage box. Found on craigslist and painted war eagle green .Put baits in plastic boxes .Name:  Video 119 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  55.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Flambeau waterproof satchel!! Absolutely love mine. It’s a hard tackle box with a gasket lid that is ligit... I leave it on the deck of the boat in all weather and have never had any moisture get inside. The large size holds easily 100 plastics in the bottom and all the jig heads and miscellaneous items in the swing away and removeable upper dividers. Also comes with two small waterproof boxes for anything else you need.
    Keep on keepin on!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use Plano hard sided tackle boxes and leave them in the boat, rain or shine.
    Guide Series StowAway Rack System 3700 | Plano Molding
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    Added a storage box. Found on craigslist and painted war eagle green .Put baits in plastic boxes .Name:  Video 119 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  55.9 KB
    I’ve been wanting one of those Curtis can’t seem to find one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast