HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Sauced after New Years day ? photo heavy post ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting Sauced after New Years day ? photo heavy post ....

I did , of course not in the sense of what you might have first thought . I have been testing Slab Sauce during some of my outings in select situations to determine if it in fact does work . Now mind you I try to keep it real and do it selectively to see if it might really make a difference . So on my recent foray to the old ice house crappie barge I carried a bottle with me and I have a few times in the past as well .Myself and one Asian man were there all alone for a good while and the bite was pretty good in spurts . Sometimes it was on every drop and then they would just STOP !
    So I decided to try the Slab Sauce on my jig in the off periods of no bites . I kind of figure that's the time to see if it matters . Anyone can use scents and such when they are biting well and ketch fish ,but that in my opinion means a bit of nothing .
    I spray a little on my jigs as they lay side by side on a bait stand on the railing . This way I have some ready for my next dip into the sauce without having to spray it over and over . I like the oil spots it makes when it hits the water and it reminds me of shad oil spots I see on the surface when we are into big schools of crappie sitting in brush piles .
    Here we go , this is what my less than scientific testing has come up with so far
    About half the time as soon as my jig got to the desired depth after a dip it got hit FAST ! During time periods they were for sure not biting . So I will continue to try to be selective and use it when I am not getting bit to see what I think is its contribution to a bite !
    ...stay tuned there is a second part to this story that's flat out FUNNY ...
    to be continued
    and of course some photos , around 30 fish plus some in 3 hours and about 1/2 of them over 10 inches with no real brutes in the mix . 12 to 16 foot of water no more than 2 foot maximum off the bottom and you had to hold the jig perfectly STILL ! most of the fish hit natural colors . donated keepers to the man that was there and a second man that showed up later
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So it caught fish when the fish were not biting. I take it this means you like it? Thanks for posting.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Lotsa crappie goobers using sauce and nibbles etc including myself. Fish see smell and taste and CHOMP!! Speaking of sauce I gotta big bottle of Baileys for Christmas!!

Sent from my SM-G530P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaboom!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. The Slab Sauce is starting to get my attention on these posts! It took me a long time to trust a jig vs minnow. I tried tipping the jigs with Crappie Nibbles, and started having success. Was it the Nibbles? Was it increased confidence? I have tried different spray on attractants, with no luck. Inevitably, after about two casts, I tipped with a Nibble. Did I not give it a fair shake? Again, confidence? I suppose there is only one way to really know, so I’m gonna have to try “the sauce”! Ketchn can catch crappie in a mud puddle on the street! Me, lately I’m struggling. Great report as always!
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

When tipping jigs with crappie nibbles I start catching bluegill, bluegill love nibbles.

Post Thanks / Like

outlaw is right only proper test is when they arn't hitting to see if they make a difference. use nibbles a lot do make difference IMO so will try this.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes scent makes the difference between catchn or not catchn & I always have some.... I've used a bottle of spray that worked just as good as the Berkley Crappie Nibbles but it got fairly messy when the bottle started leaking....As of now I'll stick with the nibbles unless the bottles are made leak proof....
    NICE catchn Ketchn.... stay at'em....

Post Thanks / Like

I took an empty crappie nibble container and filled it with spray and dunk the jig in it before dropping. I keep the container with the lid off in a spot on the boat where I wont knock it over - works for me.

Likes gravelman6 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRFISHDUCK View Post
    I took an empty crappie nibble container and filled it with spray and dunk the jig in it before dropping. I keep the container with the lid off in a spot on the boat where I wont knock it over - works for me.

That sound like a good idea.... guess I'm not the only one that have put the empty nibble bottles, I store some of my cut hackle in a few....
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast