Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fish cleaning table

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish cleaning table

I am fixing to build me a fish cleaning table and was wondering if any of ya'll have any good designs. If you do a picture sure would help. Also let me know any suggest you might have.
    thanks.

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I used my Mom's old deck boards to make this one. Just flipped 'em over and used the good side. Works fine for me. I'm planning on adding on a S/S sink soon.
    Trying to get to the point that I don't have to work with the fillets inside the house at all.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

Go to a kitchen and cabinet store quite often they will have pieces of counter tops that they have cut off and can't use and you can get them cheep...makes a good top for fish cleaning table.

Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Man Free flow 23. You shouldn't have shown those flounders. I used to catch them that size wading in Trinity bay in Texas. I haven't done that in over 15 years. During the fall we were just about as serious about those flounder as crappie fishermen are during the spawn.
    Thanks for stirring some memories.

By the way; if I don't clean my fish at the lake, I try to time it when my wife ain't home and clean fish on the deck. The railings are just the right height.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

We country folk usually have an old sink mounted somewhere. Mine has a 2" pvc drain down the hill, a shelf over it for all the stuff to stay on, a board to work on, place to plug in the hose to the faucet (most times just use the hose w/spryer). This one's mounted on 4 lil' fence posts against the pole barn under a lite...

BTW the lil' bass had eggs in'em. The state lake they came from has a problem....:rolleyes: That's why I'm eatin'em...
    Also, take and bury the guts/heads, pour the juice etc. around your trees/shrubs...like the indians (feathers not dots) taught the pilgrims...
    Last edited by denduke; 03-16-2007 at 04:52 PM.
    We didn't come to look and learn, we came to trun and burn!...DL's piping crew.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, those flounder do look awful good, fished for them when we were living in Galveston. Good eating!
    Exit 84, the table I built may not totally work for you , but some of it could be included in a design. I built mine before we moved to the lake, measured between steel vertical posts, etc. of our dock, did some design work as far as how big I wanted to make it, on Microstation, similar to Autocad, then layed out some falsework in my basement and cut the steel angles to fit the design. I used treated 2 x 6, 2 x 8, 2 x 4 and 1 x 6 timber. The steel angles are 1/8 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2. Bought a sink at Lowes and added a drain. We are still expecting some freezing weather, so in the pics you can see that I have not hooked up the dock pump yet. I also used the same size angles for the top, still have to add a light.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at those tables makes me want to build one. I don't even want to get into how I have to clean fish. You guys have given me some ideas for a better way....Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Fish cleaning table

deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-14-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see ya back...pescatore! You have a good jaw! LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast