HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beads on trolling rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beads on trolling rods

Since it's gona be to cold for this ole boy to do anything tomorrow I was thinking bout changing out the line on all my trolling rods! I'm planning to put the beads out on the rod tips and wanted to get a little more info! Do you put the bead between the last two eyes or between the 2nd and 3rd from the tip? Do you use bigger beads or smaller?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks Beavz thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using more than 12 foot rods I do not think they will benefit you, they don't me with the 14s and 16s.
    Use 2 beads and I would place them between the second and third eyes, once the pole settles down pull the line just in front of the reel up and let it back down, this settles the two beads together up against the eye and makes it easier to hear. Love to hear the click but since I use longer rods now I just can't hear them.
    Happy New Year man.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard that trick before. I think I got the jist of it from Rees post, but can y'all expound on it a little? How large does the hole need to be? Don't guess it would matter much.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm all 14' poles now so I may just not put them on! Happy new year to you as well! Stay warm in this frigid weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember the size, nothing huge tho, not much bigger than the smallest eye they will be against.
    Erin, your younger ears most likely will hear them. I was already having trouble on the left side but the storm I got caught in summer before last robbed me of a good bit of hearing on both sides, it sucks but at least I lived through the ordeal.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I tried them but it's not for me. Like Rees, my ears don't help me much anymore. From what I understand glass beads work better than plastic. Louder I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

2nd and 3 eye...single 8mm beads on all lengths of my rigging rods work for me..

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a bag of beads from the fishing section at Wally World says it has two sizes I may play with it a bit and see what I can figure out

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Swampseed is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can hear them on 14's problem for me is with 8 rods out to figure out which one just got the hit! I think they are kinda helpful and sure can't hurt IMO. I will say if your going into the sun early morning it's nice to have on the tips you can't see because of the sun.

Post Thanks / Like

The Wally pack will work...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast