Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weedless Jig heads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weedless Jig heads

Name:  IMG_1805.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  82.7 KB

Anyone looking for weedless jigheads? Check out Timmy Tom Jig Co.

Very high quality jigs with many selections ( weight, color, hook type and sizes ).

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Yates, crappiemax, Centerliner LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting, you can never have enough sources. After the last few years of struggling to find a good RELIABLE jig supplier, I've had very good luck on buying from eBay. Always had good quality and always good service, prices have been very reasonable.
    Only jig I've had trouble finding is a 3/32 oz weedless with brush or Y guard. I find plenty non weedless and a few guys offer weedless with the single wire weed guard (which I hate). I really like the 3/32 oz when the fish get down below 10' deep.
    Likes Centerliner LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    Only jig I've had trouble finding is a 3/32 oz weedless with brush or Y guard. I find plenty non weedless and a few guys offer weedless with the single wire weed guard (which I hate). I really like the 3/32 oz when the fish get down below 10' deep.
    Max ... have you talked to Grousefly about a 3/32oz Y guard jig ??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Max ... have you talked to Grousefly about a 3/32oz Y guard jig ??
    I asked him about both the Y-guards and brush guards and at the time he only made the single wire guards.
    Grousefly makes some nice jig heads and I would buy everything from him but his delivery times are way out there. My last order for 300 took over 4 months to get them and a friend of mine has had an even longer delivery time. Good quality on his product though and if his lead times would improve I would consider buying from him again. I'm never in a rush for product and would consider 4-6 weeks as acceptable, longer than that the supplier should state that to the buyer so going in he/she know what's going on.

FWIW I ordered about 500 jigs from eBay and most were delivered in a few days. 1 size was quoted with a 2 week delivery and they were delivered in 10/11 days. I tried 4 different vendors to see if anyone was better than anyone else and for the most part all were very good quality and I would buy them again. One supplier didn't trim his brush guards or at least they just seemed a little long to me but it was no big deal, I just trimmed them with a pair of side cutters.
    Also I'm really not normally an eBay kind of guy as I much prefer going to one guy and just placing my orders with him but my past experiences with the custom guys has made using eBay a more viable option.

Post Thanks / Like

Timmy Tom's does 3/32, give Tim a call he will make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    I asked him about both the Y-guards and brush guards and at the time he only made the single wire guards.
    Grousefly makes some nice jig heads and I would buy everything from him but his delivery times are way out there. My last order for 300 took over 4 months to get them and a friend of mine has had an even longer delivery time. Good quality on his product though and if his lead times would improve I would consider buying from him again. I'm never in a rush for product and would consider 4-6 weeks as acceptable, longer than that the supplier should state that to the buyer so going in he/she know what's going on.

FWIW I ordered about 500 jigs from eBay and most were delivered in a few days. 1 size was quoted with a 2 week delivery and they were delivered in 10/11 days. I tried 4 different vendors to see if anyone was better than anyone else and for the most part all were very good quality and I would buy them again. One supplier didn't trim his brush guards or at least they just seemed a little long to me but it was no big deal, I just trimmed them with a pair of side cutters.
    Also I'm really not normally an eBay kind of guy as I much prefer going to one guy and just placing my orders with him but my past experiences with the custom guys has made using eBay a more viable option.
    Granted he does take awhile to get orders shipped ... but, he makes the orders on a first come, first served basis ... and he does more than just Crappie baits, so he's always neck deep in orders. I don't even know for sure that he has a 3/32oz Y guard mold, which is why I asked if you'd talked to him about that size jig head/Y guard setup.

There were some other members that did Y guard jig heads ... but, Grousefly may be the only one left that still does them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Allen View Post
    Timmy Tom's does 3/32, give Tim a call he will make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Thanks!
    Just saw this, I'll have to check him out.

Post Thanks / Like

ouchy

Last edited by Nightprowler; 01-24-2018 at 08:50 PM.