Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need help with fishing line ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question need help with fishing line ?

Hello I am new to this site and i was wondering if i could get some info on line I use suffix seige and elite right now . ive been reading about braid elins but i dont want to mess with a leader line . I do long lining and bobber fish most of the time . I am skeptical of hivis line i do believe fish can see it and have flurocarbon [ vanish ] buti didnt care for it . recany omendations ewould be rpapciated thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Sten clear blue. Tried them all . Some copolymer is good , but drys out quick. And sten last . Just my opinion. Good luck!
    The truth is hard to accept, so is life .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EarlWaynetom View Post
    Sten clear blue. Tried them all . Some copolymer is good , but drys out quick. And sten last . Just my opinion. Good luck!
    Totally agree with the Stren clear blue. Segar InvisX for copolymer. Stren is my most used.

Post Thanks / Like

Default need help with fishing line ?

For the lakes I fish, I prefer low vis green. Suffix in 4 and 6 pound. 4 pound for open water, 6 pound for brush piles. Lite wire hooks on both. Quicker to Rebend a hook then to tie a new one on. Mono all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I hate spell checker.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes timd3200, DV8ed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Vicious
    Likes g6463, ozarks ranger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Been using and liking Crappie Maxx high vis from BPS. 5 bucks for a big spool.

If you're truly against high vis, Silver Thread AN40 is great stuff as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate small Braid when using corks. it will tie itself in tiny Knots that refuse anything but being cut off and tieing the hook and weight back on. You might not like Vanish Floro-Carbon but the line size and strength out preforms most other lines I have used and those lite bites is where it shows its Stuff when fishing lite Jigs. I have bought Brand new spools of Mono that must have been made before I was born ,70 years ago. when 10 pound test breaks when twisting around the hook and has not even pulled tight, I will not put Mono on any reel that I own. Really, any new type of line made within the past 10 years are superior quality and more uv resistant, That translates to not having to replace the line as often and those memory curls that put 3 foot of slack in the line are things of the past.
    Likes Gindog LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Mr, Crappie, vicious, P-line, Stren, and others in the past 2 years and it all has less than perfect qualities IMO. I bought a spool of Crappie Maxx today and plan to order a spool of the SOS line from Trout Magnet due to great reviews from C.com. members.
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!
    Likes flintcreek LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use suffix hi vis in 6 lb for long lining to help these 71 year old eyes. Long lining is more of a reaction bite and the color does not matter. Use what you are confident in. There is no perfect line
    Likes flintcreek LIKED above post