HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is a First time for everything

Post Thanks / Like

Default There is a First time for everything

So a fellow off this here forum from up north contacts me last year about him visiting Texas at Christmas time and due to unforeseen circumstances we never get hooked up to go ketch a fish .
    Fast forward to this year , he contacted me a week or so ago and said he was going to be in for a week or so again this year. So we chatted and the timelines were not the best to line it all up , but low and behold I did have the 26th off and he wasn't busy that day so I did my best to get us out there on some fish .
    Said he only wanted maybe 10 or 12 for his family and I thought well ....we might be able to find that many .
    Things seem to going our way and my other half gives me the ok to go and to top it all off one of my buds the same night says hey bro , THE CREEK IS FLAT OUT ON FIRE !
    So I get out the trusty rusty ole john boat out and tell this fella we are going to go paddle around in a person infested creek as the word is out on it . We best get there ridiculous early or the crowd will be there thick the day after a holiday . We roll up at around 6 am and not a single vehicle ? I am shocked to say the least and then before we can get the boat to the water up rolls a local character I kinda know ....
    Says basically the same thing my bud told me and we all hurry up to the creek with our lil floatation devices . Starts off we cant get a peck ! I am shocked to say the least , nothing anywhere we pitch in a hundred yard stretch ? Of course we are still in the dark and couldn't see a bite if we got one but none the less NOTHING ? My bud said every single stick in the creek had a bunch of fish on it and we got nada after 30 minutes ? The other angler says they are tight to the bank and we ease ourselves up to a bunch of driftwood up by the bank as first light approaches . Sure enough there they are and it becomes a bit of a ketch fest quickly . We go upstream a ways to a few other laydowns and such and find the same thing at almost every stop .
    Seems this fella never managed a racing stripe Mohawk and found his first one and we had a pretty darn good time I am thinking . He was a true sportsman as well and after he had what he wanted in the bucket ,was throwing back some nice ones !
    Sure turned out nice and very few boats were there and other than the weather getting colder by the minute and the raining mist it was a smiles adventure I would say ,so Ketchn tips his hat to Crappie.com again for having good quality members to hang with
    AND the names were changed to protect the innocent btw ....
    2 to 4 foot deep under floats mostly and a some vertical drops to about 4 foot deep in the heart of a treetop laydown as well ...color didn't seem to important
    hope you enjoy the photos
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks jackie53 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Always good to make new fishing buddies!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report!

Zman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great story and pictures

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Truly AWESOME!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great time. Great catch.

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report as usual and one you have a new friend for life

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good time was had by all. Thanks for the pictures.
    Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have a retirement plan...FISHING!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s what CDC is all about. Thanks Ketchn!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A good , cold trip. I could stand a little of that.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Thanks Cray thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast