HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeet's Christmas Gifts

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Skeet's Christmas Gifts

Now I bet you think that I'm going to go on about the things I got for Christmas, and you would be right. But none of what made my Christmas exceptional was under the tree. In these days of families that are a blend of several households that are joined together it is difficult to have the schedules of everyone involved working toward a common event. Makes me nuts, a shorter trip some days than others. This Christmas season has been an amazing one in that we all got it together and spent some valuable time together.

My youngest Daughter is Married to a marine and stationed in Camp Lejeune in NC. Parents to my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter, I spend most of my contact with them on facetime. The last time I saw Tahlia was a year ago and that was way too long in between visits. They arrived on the 16th and plan to leave on the 28th, way too soon but Uncle Sam has his way of convincing them of where they need to be when. On the 18th, Rocky and I got to fish some on Monroe and caught 18 fish with 9 being of keeper quality, and one at 1lb 9oz. Rocky was thrilled to see that one come to the boat. We gave 4 smaller ones to a group at the ramp and kept the 5 best for dinner, fish taco's that couldn't be beat and we were joined by Phil and his family for the meal. And so began the week.

Work was as usual for me until Friday but dinner was a better thing with the little one there to keep us entertained. Saturday was a day at the Brevard County Zoo with both daughters and their families, a group of ten of us. I thought my knees were going to fall off from all the walking I am not used to, but it was a great day for everyone. I knew Sunday was going to be another day for the books. I got the request at the Zoo to take the two teenage Gdaughters fishing, and you know I couldn't turn them down. Already packed(I think it was a conspiracy), they came home with us to be ready the next morning early. In some of Pawpaw's sweatshirts we headed off to Lake Beresford about 7 and after a trip to Mac and Dons along the way, we started fishing while the fog was still thick at 8. Fog was heavy enough that it was gathering on the girls hair and eyebrows in big drops. With 12 rods out, it wasn't long before Sydney, her first trip with me, had her first Crappie coming to the boat. I have to say that I was apprehensive about the two girls getting along and wondered if I would have to be a referee, but those were wasted thoughts. They got along famously and I never had to correct them once. They made an old man proud. Even the Manatee that came close enough to touch was smiling at them both. We had a great time but time was what we didn't have any more of. 27 fish had visited us and 8 were kept for photo's and later released but not before both girls posed with a 4 fish hold. I'm still smiling folks, it was a great trip. Christmas dinner at my oldest Daughter Megan's house and with Crappie on the menu, we didn't want to be late. Parked the boat, plugged up the batteries, and headed out. A good dinner and gift exchange and Christmas trivia games, everyone had smiles and full bellies. The finishing touch was Christmas eve services with all three families.

Christmas day started with the little one tearing paper and squealing with delight at her new toys that everyone made sure she had. Her Manga(Grandma) and she spent some time learning how to do everything the princess castle could do. A little straightening up around the yard and helping Mom get things ready, and we were set for everyone to join us for dinner if they could, or pie if they couldn't. Everyone showed and after saying grace and thanking our Lord for the gifts of each other and everyone's safe travel, plates were filled and emptied during much conversation and catching up on the everyday. Some left for other commitments and others for a nap, and others yet came to visit and just enjoy each others company. My Queen and I had an absolutely fantastic few days, and we smiled at each other though tired eyes and sat back to just relax, finally.

Tuesday was back to work for me and the kids are here for a few more days. I'll spend my days going forward remembering the little things folks have said and done with a big smile. It has taken a lot of effort on the part of a lot of people for this week to have gone as smooth as it has. I didn't receive mountains of gifts, but what I have received means more to me than anything money could buy. As we grow and our children with us, so does the difficulty to enjoy each others company. This old fella has a lot to be thankful for and please pardon me if I've rambled, but I had to share it with you all, being family and all. Thanks for taking the time to help me enjoy Family and Christmas holiday, and I hope that yours meant as much to you as mine has meant to me. Here's a few pics of the highlights and til the next time...........Skeet

Mr Moderator, please rotate those that aren't right. Thanks.

Name:  IMG_0178.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  170.2 KBName:  100_2034.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  54.7 KBName:  IMG_0180.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  106.2 KBName:  100_2049.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  44.1 KBName:  100_2040.jpg
Views: 14988
Size:  26.7 KBName:  100_2043.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  32.6 KBName:  IMG_0185.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  207.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0167.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  229.8 KBName:  100_2055.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  88.1 KBName:  IMG_0191.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  134.1 KB
    Last edited by Slab; 12-27-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Hanr3, S10CHEVY, kycreek, ET Fish LIKED above post
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A stocking full of blessings! What a gift.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Thanks skeetbum thanked you for this post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing that Skeet
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

That sir, is what it’s all about. It did my heart good to read your story, and live it through your pictures. I almost teared up when I saw the Tennessee clothing! Merry Christmas!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fantastic Christmas celebration Tim. What a blessing to have them altogether for the holidays. Appreciate the way you include us all in your trips and adventures.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Great looking crew you have there.
    Your a blessed man and you know it.
    I don’t think life gets any better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you enjoyed your Christmas blessings. God is good!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome post and pics. Thx for sharing.

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pics ! Thanks for sharing ! Great story ! That’s what it’s all about!

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That is how Christmas should be celebrated with family and friends. I would give up everything I own to be able to celebrate a Christmas with my son. Your post is awsome thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast