Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing from a pontoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing from a pontoon

Went fishing Friday on a pontoon boat ( my first time) My observations: Great comfort,could walk around and streach,had rod holders,had trolling motor e/w spot lock. It was easy to fish and hold deep spots. Since I am very familar with my foot controlled motor and it's use and short comings I will not express any likes and dislikes. I will only say it was a unique and very pleasent surprize. One that everyone should try and decide for themselves...... Merry Christmas everyone and hope this year brings some great fishing......crappie1133

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only fished from one two times and really enjoyed it so much I went out and bought one. I am eat up with arthritis and have a hard time getting in and out of my walleye boat. I ran across a good deal on a 22 ft crest fishing toon powered by a 140 4 stroke Johnson. I have added a new 36 volt ultera and 3 new batteries. I put spyderloks on the front and got a few more things to add before it will be ready for its maiden voyage. Hope to get to try it next week

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking about a pontoon as well. My wife has some health issues and has not been able to fish with me for a couple of years. I have arthritis pretty bad myself but I get around pretty good, but I would like for my wife to be able to fish again.

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was originally looking for a deck boat but could not find any decent ones for a good price I saw this pontoon and I liked it because of the 140 hp motor. I am planning on adding lifting strakes to it after the first of the year and if that does not give it the performance I want then I will add a third toon. So far as fishing goes I know that I will enjoy that part.

Zman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree , I have been a few of them and you can’t the comfort, and a lot of room to take a nap on fishing from a pontoon

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

bought my first boat a pontoon last spring and it was a blast! great to fish off of but also pulling grandkids and just out for a nice cruise. does just fine with the TM on it and you can really work a spot of cover with it.
    Likes sinkermaker LIKED above post