Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What style of tackle box do you prefer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What style of tackle box do you prefer?

I am looking for a new tackle box system. I'm ashamed to admit right now I have about 3 different Wal-Mart sacks in the floor of my boat that I have to dig thru to find anything.
    I had one of those blue totes that came with 4 large plastic trays with lids but all the molded hinges have since broken off.
    I have found that the 2 sided " Hot Wheels" cases in the toy section at Wal-Mart,(around 5 bucks),are ideal for keeping 100 or so Bandit crankbaits in.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer a tackle bag by Plano, that holds about 5-3700 Plano boxes....Also, even though it's not "completely" waterproof, I use two "waterproof" boxes for my hooks, jigs and anything that will rust....The rest of the boxes are regular 3700's....Hope this helps....I'm also thinking of turning my "backpack" into a tacklebox...This will allow me to fish the Tombigbee River oxbows on foot....DemoMan

Post Thanks / Like

I buy those cheap rubbermaid compartment boxes when they are on sale...keep most of my junk in the truck most of the time...just grab a box and fill it with what I think I need for that day.Usually only need about 10% of what I bring anyways.
    Always start the year off nice and neat....by May its all a jumble in 5 gallon buckets bouncing around the truck

Post Thanks / Like

If I were going to do it again...and I am, I would buy the new Falcon boxes they have in the Bass Pro catalog that are bait specific. Go to the catalog and you will see what I mean. Some or most are for bass fishing but truth be told I "occassionaly" cast a lure for the green carp. For my crappie boxes I use Plano 3700's with a couple of smaller boxes for hooks, sinkers, boobers, boober stops and the like. Check out the Utility box carrier in the catalog too. This way you can keep them upright and in order so they are easier to find. That's what I would.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep my stuff in the plano boxes in assorted sizes and just grab the boxes I need for the day or the trip and put them in a soft tackel bag throw it in the boat and go. I dont keep a lot of tackel in my boat this way when I take some one there is room for their stuff to be put out of the way for fishing and your not tripping over it.

Post Thanks / Like

Found a tip on a Bass Site for storage of the 3600 & 3700 series boxes.

It consists of a Office Desk filing system that holds 5 or 6 (can't remember....old brain!) of the boxes. I take a picture and post the other relevant information when I get off work. It holds them upright and keeps them secure.

Put them in at the first of the year, so far so good, but we'll have to see what the summer UVs do to em:rolleyes:

john
    Chuck the aggrivating stuff.......... Just go Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I found a bag at Academy last year that held about five boxes. I only use three of them though. Truth be told; if my Paw Pa was still alive I would be embarassed for him to see all of the stuff I need to catch a fish. The rod boxes on my panfisher are packed with stuff that I will never remember I have when I actually need it. Same goes with my tackle bag. It really don't get any better than the WalMart bags. I still have to drag all of the boxes out and scatter them about to find what I want.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I like the soft-sided kind that hold trays, but has storage compartments on the sides and front for extra reels, line and bigger stuff like a thermos. I like the trays so I have everything there to see when I am making a selection.
    Polar Kraft 1571 DB
    Mercury 25 hp 4-Stroke

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya D.P.
    I've got a Father-in-Law that takes a couple crappie hooks, a small bag of split shot and a cork (literally, a real cork about the size of a golf ball) and with a few minnows smokes me everytime...on my own boat.
    Polar Kraft 1571 DB
    Mercury 25 hp 4-Stroke

Post Thanks / Like

I have been picking up diaper bags from garage sales and thrift shops. They are really nice bags and cost next to nothing secondhand. They have storage
    bags on the side for storage and I used plastic boxes for items inside. If I have to walk or sometimes going on trips I use backpacks. Some from garage sales and thrift shop. Less money on bags, more for tackle.
    Bill from TX Panhandle

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast