Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat—-fish?

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cat—-fish?

I brought some leaders and leaders material into the house so I can tinker on them while I try to heal from double pneumonia. They wanted to put me in the hospital Monday but I said I’d be good. We only fished 1/2 day so that’s being good in my book.

Anyway, I’m sitting in my recliner, taking a breathing treatment, when I hear a leader weight hit the floor and our year old male cat went thru the living room at 1000mph, had to have left a vapor trail as he went under the coffee table then up the stairs. The oooops moment came when he came back down, trailing a foot of leader line out of his mouth. BIG OOOOPS!!

I finally got him caught and got his mouth open to find a #6 red treble thru his lip and tongue. To say he was unhappy was a gross understatement. I got him by the neck and headed to the garage to find a pair of cutters. Finally with Vicki holding him, I clipped the hooks above the barbs and got them out. He’s a whole lot happier now and I won’t be sitting my stuff where he can get to it.

Pic was made after I got his lip loose but still had hook completely thru his tongue. Name:  IMG_1513890872.634038.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  82.8 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes TerryD, blueball, Redge, scrat, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I would say he was not to happy at all. We had an incident with my sisters mastiff that did not turn out so well. He swallowed a hook and after x-rays it was decided he needed surgery. During surgery the one year old mastiff had heart trouble and didn't make it. It was a bad day for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

They can't stand it, the movement is hard to let go. I am glad you and cat are ok. Get well soon.

Post Thanks / Like

8 more lives left.....

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes bandchaser LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I bet that was interesting getting a fish hook out of a cat's mouth. I've taken 100's out of people in the ER over the years, but I bet a cat was much more challenging.

My wife brought home a puppy abt 14 yrs ago that was given to her by a co worker. She knew I wanted a lab and her co worker told her she was a lab puppy. She was black, cute, cuddly, but didn't look like a lab at all. When she was grown, she weighed about 18-20 pds. We called her Sophie and loved her anyway. Sophie loved to ride on the Polaris Ranger and she loved to go to the pond when we fished. Another thing Sophie loved was catfish bait. She found it on two different occasions, both times with hooks buried in it. The vet X-rayed her and found the hooks in her stomach. He offered to put her to sleep for us, but Sophie was part of the family and my wife would not hear of it. We spent $1,000 each trip getting a 5 cent fish hook out of a free dog that was impersonating a lab. Sophie passed on about 2 years ago and we still look for her where her bed was in the garage. Those fish hooks were expensive, but the money never equaled the loyalty and love that Sophie had for her family.

I am glad you didn't get hurt getting that fish hook out of his mouth and he is OK. You are braver than me. I'll stick with getting them out of people, it is safer. I do want to thank you for the interesting picture and for the fond memories of a loyal companion from years past.
    Likes TerryD, Redge, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad everything worked out okay. I can't imagine getting a hook out of one of mine. I get bit and clawed just giving them there medicine.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a happy cat for sure
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow.....i would hate to have to try to get them out of my cat....be rough
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

He’s good. He’s been having his favorite past time— chasing ice across the kitchen floor. He’s in love with our ice maker and tears the floor up when he hears it.

Kicking back now. Name:  IMG_1513908050.015298.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  80.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes micorps, "D", S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you helped him out!