HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guntersville yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville yesterday

Fished from 230-630 only caught one short crappie. Started at honeycomb moved to 69 went back to honeycomb. No one was catching. Guess I'll try tomorrow, got up to go but I'm getting back in the bed. Water levels down about 3ft

Sent from my SM-J700T using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

the bass and stripe are on fire but the crappie are very slow ,with the bite coming early or after dark. Fished the Goose pond area,the bait fish are thick in that area. The white stripe and bass are biting live bait. If you can net some bait fish it's on..

Post Thanks / Like

The big G should be rising as far as the back water is concerned as the TVA dam generating schedule is showing that the gates will be open by Saturday with them running 59900 cfs I am sure it is based on us getting the heavy rain scheduled for Friday evening and Friday night. They are consistently running 44000cfs right now. This time last week due to lack of water they were running an avg of 24000cfs so the fishing should be picking up both below and above the dam
    Likes Gmann LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperking View Post
    The big G should be rising as far as the back water is concerned as the TVA dam generating schedule is showing that the gates will be open by Saturday with them running 59900 cfs I am sure it is based on us getting the heavy rain scheduled for Friday evening and Friday night. They are consistently running 44000cfs right now. This time last week due to lack of water they were running an avg of 24000cfs so the fishing should be picking up both below and above the dam
    I was thinking about going below the dam, but I didn't know if it would be any good with the flood gates open. Any idea about how many gates will be open? Thanks.

Sent from my C6530N using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gmann View Post
    I was thinking about going below the dam, but I didn't know if it would be any good with the flood gates open. Any idea about how many gates will be open? Thanks.

Not sure what it all means but this link should help.
    https://www.tva.gov/Environment/Lake...s/Guntersville
    Thanks Gmann thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Since they are running 59000 probably some where between 4 to 8 gates but it also depends on how wide they open the gates, at 59000cfs they will only be cracked a little. They were opened up at 2 pm yesterday according to the water flow from the tva Guntersville web site. If it rains as much as they think then I would say by Saturday afternoon they will either open them up wider or they may open up more gates. As far as fishing goes it should improve with the high water .The key to the fishing below the dam is how stable or consistent TVA keeps the water running if they leave it alone and you get 2 or more days in a row with no fluctuations then the fish settle in and the fishings good, they do not bite as well if they keep raising and lowering the water but as a general rule they bite better on a rising river than a falling river.
    Likes mighty LIKED above post
    Thanks Slabprowler thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperking View Post
    Since they are running 59000 probably some where between 4 to 8 gates but it also depends on how wide they open the gates, at 59000cfs they will only be cracked a little. They were opened up at 2 pm yesterday according to the water flow from the tva Guntersville web site. If it rains as much as they think then I would say by Saturday afternoon they will either open them up wider or they may open up more gates. As far as fishing goes it should improve with the high water .The key to the fishing below the dam is how stable or consistent TVA keeps the water running if they leave it alone and you get 2 or more days in a row with no fluctuations then the fish settle in and the fishings good, they do not bite as well if they keep raising and lowering the water but as a general rule they bite better on a rising river than a falling river.
    My daughter and I went this morning (1am till 2.30am) on the North side (Huntsville side). She caught one small white stripe, and I only got one bite. Minnows under a float. Tried from 4 foot deep to 8 foot deep. Water was up, about a foot from the top of the walkway. Looked like about at least 2 gates open.