Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mixed bag on some non-standard materials

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mixed bag on some non-standard materials

These four jigs have been hammering 'em. Crappie, sand bass, and largemouth. The pink/green is standard, but the others include my wife's chenille, knitting yarn, and a grizzly neck hackle. Always experimenting, and I have a couple hundred that haven't worked well at all. (no pics of those).

Name:  IMG_0437.JPG
Views: 361
Size:  126.4 KB
    Likes scrat, "G", gravelman6, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you found some that work for you looks like they are well used

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I give the ones that don't work to Bilbob.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Bigskyfisherman, skeetbum, "G", chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

CP- I had 8 poles out with 16 different jigs and colors I made. After 1 pole and the same jig caught 5 straight, I figured out of hundreds of jigs that I made, only a few work great. So I started giving the none producing jigs to my friends.SO- was this a mistake??
    Likes Techno2000 LIKED above post

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Basedon the lack of paint on the heads and hooks, they look like they been bit a lot.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those jigs look like thy have been busy, glad to hear you found some that work for you.

Trypman, how would you feel if they came back and told of one of those jigs that saved the day? I have had several jigs that I had no confidence in and gave away. A few of them did well for those I gave them to. It all comes down to confidence. They probably fished it different than I did, or tipped it with a minnow or nibble. I have no regrets having given away any of the hundreds I have tied to keep myself busy, or thought might be the next hot ticket. I have frequently opened my box and told someone to pick one or two. Sometimes they go right to my number one jig, and sometimes it's some godawful thing that I have no clue why I tied. It was their choice and they were thrilled to get it. Mission accomplished. You do something good by giving them away, and we create a lot of goodwill among others like that by doing so. So I say; press on, you're on the right path.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What Skeet said
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "D" View Post
    Basedon the lack of paint on the heads and hooks, they look like they been bit a lot.
    The pink/green has caught at least 600 crappie, quite a few sandies, and some largemouths. The tail was almost totally chewed off, so I added some marabou a couple of days ago. You can't see the end of the black and orange one, but the point broke off the other day. I just kept fishing it, and amazingly enough not a single hooked fish was lost, including a nice bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Skeet, sounds as if we are cut from the same mold. Seeing a friend or grandkid catching fish with something you made and gave them is very rewarding.
    Likes ozarks ranger, Retired2Fish LIKED above post