Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minn Kota Maximizer Installtion ???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota Maximizer Installtion ???

Found me a new in the box Minn Kota Maximizer. May have give too much for it, but maybe it will be worth it. Didn't seem to be able to trolling as slow as I wanted. But if works as I've read on here it will be great.
    Any suggestions on the installtion ? Wiring, mounting location, anything I need to do?? It looks pretty easy, but some of you that have them may know something to help.

thanks
    alan
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

Hey FW, It's a pretty simple install. The Maximizer just needs to be installed between the battery and the trolling motor. Hook the trolling motor to the pos. and neg. posts on the bottom of the Maximizer. Connect the power cord of the Maximizer to the battery.
    Turn your trolling motor wide open and adjust the speed on the Maximizer. I have mine on a Tracker Panfisher. 28 thrust foot control trolling motor.
    I find with little to no wind I run mine at about 25 to 30 percent of maximum speed. In a pretty stiff wind I might have to go to 50 to 60 percent.
    What's nice is that you can set the speed slow enough to spiderrig and never turn the trolling motor off.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've been able to go fihing 2 times with the new Maximizer and this think is great. Why do they not produce these any more??? I can sit still in the wind without much trouble, and slow trolling is great. Now I have to learn how to catch the slabs. Do they make some kind of machine for that too :D . Because I need help . Oh well one of these days.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll