Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spray in liners

slab_seeker Guest

Default Spray in liners

Has anyone ever sprayed in a liner in their aluminum johnboat? Would like to know the advantages and disadvantages.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not have a metal boat , but I have been told the spray in liners help make the boat quieter, and it does protect from dents and dings from droping stuff inside the boat. Also if you use the lighter color like a tan it is supposed to be cooler on sunny days - I cannot attest to any of this, but I have been told this is the advantage of spray-on liners - mainly it is the noise reduction.
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i currently have a wood floor in my sea ark, im wanting to replace it with a metal floor and when i do, im gonna have the inside sprayed like they do bed liners. id imagine it will keep the metal from gettin so hot in the sun also.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

We used that stuff on metal crate pans for the dogs several years ago and the fumes were so strong, we had to cover the stuff up. It didn't seem to dissipate - or at least not very fast. Just to be safe, test spray a piece of metal and let it sit out in the sun to see if the fumes will go away so you don't end up gassing yourself in your boat. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta
    We used that stuff on metal crate pans for the dogs several years ago and the fumes were so strong, we had to cover the stuff up. It didn't seem to dissipate - or at least not very fast. Just to be safe, test spray a piece of metal and let it sit out in the sun to see if the fumes will go away so you don't end up gassing yourself in your boat. - Roberta
    Was that the do it yourself kit or did you take it to a professional and have it done? I don't think the professional installed lining is like that.

Post Thanks / Like

It was the do-it-yourself spray sold at the auto parts place.
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern