Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish Scales

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Scales

What do you use to weigh your fish?
    Years ago I had a Berkley fish scales that went bad because of the non replaceable battery ran down. I swore I would never buy another. Well I did, I bought the rapala 50 lb scale from Walmart. I did not know about the 15lb Rapala scales at Bass Pro Shop. I was just looking for something cheap to have in the boat. I wonder how accurate they are with crappie? If not I guess I will use it for cats and stripers. Oh yeah, I can replace the battery in this one.

heres is what I got:
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...kEnabled=false
    Last edited by slab-happy; 03-15-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I wished I had got one of those...My Berkley don't work....The battery cover is loose and messed up.....Brand New....DemoMan

Post Thanks / Like

I have a boga grip for bigger fish and i have a cheap digatal for the smaller weights. My cheap ones are off by as much as 4 ounces when compared to the weight of shipping scales i have at home.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use digital ones but they seemed to keep messing up. I finally got a $4 manual one from BPS. It has been dead accurate for 3 years now.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would anybody want a set of scales in the boat?? Personally I don't want to know the true weight of all those 4 pounders I have caught in my life time.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Default scales

I finally chucked the digitals also as there are so many things that can go wrong with them. Bought a Chatillon spring scale that is IGFA certifiable, similar to the Boga's already mentioned. For the real big fish (cats, stripers, etc.) that I occassionally run into, I bought a cheap Eagle Claw spring scale for about $8 that weighs to 50 pounds.

Like HotRodChevy, I checked mine (Chatillon) against a certified scale and it's dead accurate to the ounce. Also checked the cheap EC scale and it is within 1/2 pound up to 20 pounds which will be good enough for that type fish. I don't really care if my 23 pound striper actually only weighs 22.5 pounds, I'll still be grinning ear to ear :D I do care though that my 3 pound crappie or 1.5 pound bluegill is as big as I say

Chatillon Weighing Scales

-T9