HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Out of town trip recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for Out of town trip recommendations

For the last 5 years me and a group of around 8 other fishing buddies have taken an annual trip from Ga down to Florida to fish lake talquin usually around Feb. we have always stayed at Talquin Lodge and really enjoyed the old fish camp feel you get down there.For anyone who hasn't made the trip to Talquin I would highly recommend it. Over the years we have learned the lake and had some reallly great times catching plenty over 2lbs. This year however I am thinking about changing it up a bit and trying somewhere new. So what I am asking is, what is your favorite lake to travel to out of town for crappie and where do you stay. Our group is usually between 8-10 guys and our fleet of boats range from pan fishers to old bass boats to center consoles. We are not looking to stay in hotels but rather something like a fish camp with cleaning stations and cabins and boat slips are a plus. We usually try to take the trip between late Jan through the first of march. We have really considered making the trip to Mississippi to fish Grenada but not sure about lodging. What other lakes are out there that produce big crappie??? Thanks in advance for any advise
    Thanks jigman_09 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

there are several places on KY lake in KY and TN. You can look them up thru the KY or Tn tourism sites. I like the Big Bear and Johnathon Creek area, but there are a lot of others also. Paris Landing in TN is also nice.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer
    Thanks Rustyhooker thanked you for this post

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was catching plenty over 2 lbs. there is no way I would turn that lake loose. Don't leave fish to look for fish.
    Tell'em I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    If I was catching plenty over 2 lbs. there is no way I would turn that lake loose. Don't leave fish to look for fish.
    There is plenty of truth to this statement, let me say this is the first year My wife and I will be going to Florida to fish and after a lot of research We choose our first week at Lake Talquin second week will be Cresent lake by St.Johns river and we will hit another lake the third week as long as $ holds out. You know I read a lot about Lake Monroe you may want to look at it
    Thanks M R Dux thanked you for this post

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

C and m guide service can put you on two pound fish all day on Jordan. In wetumpka Alabama. There is actually five bodies of waters they fish with
    lodgings available in area.
    Likes Rustyhooker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard good things about Crescent Lake. Would like to get down there one year and find out if it's true.... Crescent Lake Rentals | Vacation Rentals | Long Term Rentals

Not sure how far an "out of town" trip would be for you, but Adamson's fish camp is in Glennville GA.... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adams...37326476312716 I think I've seen a few threads about it in one of the crappie.com forums....

Post Thanks / Like

If you decide to come to mississippi I would recommend staying around Enid lake. It is right in the middle of 3 awesome lakes. Grenada enid and sardis! If you stay at enid its only a short drive to grenada or sardis! All three lakes have state parks that are pretty nice. Enid is Cossar state park, grenada is hugh white (also have a place called hambones that rents cabins near gore springs) and Im not sure what the one is at sardis. But all three lakes are great lakes!

Post Thanks / Like

Toledo Bend on the LA/TX border might offer what you are looking for...

Post Thanks / Like

B's gas station or is it bait and tackle. They have 3 fema trailers and 2 cabins and a great cleaning station right at Granada lake. Karen and Johnny are the owners and great people can't beat the fresh biscuits in the morning. PM me if you want contact info I have cell numbers. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    2011 Z8 250 Mercury
    Solix 15
    360 on Ultrex

Post Thanks / Like

good luck on your quest. Let me know if you want to give lake wateree, sc a try one weekend. I am going out this weekend hopefully after a month of not fishing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast