HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Field Testing SlabSauce in Cold Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Field Testing SlabSauce in Cold Water

I received a lot of feedback on the first video I filmed using a dead minnow vs the slabsauce+plastic minnow. Quite a few people wanted to see a demonstration of a live minnow vs the slabsauce, so I decided to film it. Hope you enjoy and you get pick up slabsauce by clicking on the store tab.

-Flopping Crappie

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice video thanks
    Likes floppingcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I think I woulda liked to see you holding the rods in your hand in the test. I say that for two reasons. By being in the boat holding them, you woulda given the artificial at least a little action (as opposed to a plastic bait floating under a bobber). Secondly, if you had it in your hand you may have felt light bites and set the hook. The live minnow will be eaten, as opposed to the plastic bait which more likely would have only been tasted. Just thinking out loud. Its a good test anyway, and I'm still proud of how the Slabsauce performed under a bobber. Great job, thanks for sharing.

As an FYI, I noticed another thing about the Slabsauce. It's sticky as heck. I sprayed some on a Roadrunner and even after a dozen casts I could see the bait releasing an oil slick when I splash it in the water. It's stays slimey on the bait for a heck of a long time. So if its releasing an oil slick after a bunch of casts, it's definitely still releasing it's scent even for some time after the oil slick is not visible. It's good stuff for sure. I don't go fishing without it anymore.

And also, if it's that sticky on a Roadrunner, I got to do the same splash test on the PICO scent ring plastic. It's got a ton of surface area/pockets. I may even make a video of my own (once this cold spell leaves). doh
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes "G", scrat, Redge, gravelman6, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Both artificial with or without scents( SlabSauce, nibbles, etc.) and live minnows has there place at times so that is why I always have both in my boat. Thanks for sharing the video.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes Slab LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just wondering if it's his Wisconsin accent or if he really thinks it's pronounced SLOB Sauce

I'm more fascinated by him getting ANY fish on a swimbait style plastic just hanging under a float !! But, I guess with the SLAB Sauce added, it must have seemed (to the fish) to be something worth eating (or at least "taste testing"). That in itself should register as a positive in favor of the sauce ... seeing as how it was against a live prey subject that happens to be the #1 object on the Crappie's menu.
    Likes Slab, Speck Beck, crappy fisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the video and got a couple bottles of slab sauce for ice fishing this year. Going to spray it on the plastic for scent and hiding human scent. Everyone seems to give it a two thumbs up.
    Likes floppingcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I'm just wondering if it's his Wisconsin accent or if he really thinks it's pronounced SLOB Sauce

I'm more fascinated by him getting ANY fish on a swimbait style plastic just hanging under a float !! But, I guess with the SLAB Sauce added, it must have seemed (to the fish) to be something worth eating (or at least "taste testing"). That in itself should register as a positive in favor of the sauce ... seeing as how it was against a live prey subject that happens to be the #1 object on the Crappie's menu.
    Definitely the accent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Personally I think I woulda liked to see you holding the rods in your hand in the test. I say that for two reasons. By being in the boat holding them, you woulda given the artificial at least a little action (as opposed to a plastic bait floating under a bobber). Secondly, if you had it in your hand you may have felt light bites and set the hook. The live minnow will be eaten, as opposed to the plastic bait which more likely would have only been tasted. Just thinking out loud. Its a good test anyway, and I'm still proud of how the Slabsauce performed under a bobber. Great job, thanks for sharing.

As an FYI, I noticed another thing about the Slabsauce. It's sticky as heck. I sprayed some on a Roadrunner and even after a dozen casts I could see the bait releasing an oil slick when I splash it in the water. It's stays slimey on the bait for a heck of a long time. So if its releasing an oil slick after a bunch of casts, it's definitely still releasing it's scent even for some time after the oil slick is not visible. It's good stuff for sure. I don't go fishing without it anymore.

And also, if it's that sticky on a Roadrunner, I got to do the same splash test on the PICO scent ring plastic. It's got a ton of surface area/pockets. I may even make a video of my own (once this cold spell leaves). doh
    I agree with you the it wasn't a "fair" experiment because the live minnow had more action (movement) than the plastic minnow. I only did the test this way because a number of people asked for it the last video. I still think the sauce would outperform the live minnow if i was jigging or moving the plastic bait. I will be doing an ice fishing video as soon as the lakes freeze over...hopefully less than a week away. Thanks again for the SLAB sauce...i'll have to work on the pronunciation.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on the video,looking forward to watching more of them.
    Thanks floppingcrappie thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floppingcrappie View Post
    I agree with you the it wasn't a "fair" experiment because the live minnow had more action (movement) than the plastic minnow. I only did the test this way because a number of people asked for it the last video. I still think the sauce would outperform the live minnow if i was jigging or moving the plastic bait. I will be doing an ice fishing video as soon as the lakes freeze over...hopefully less than a week away. Thanks again for the SLAB sauce...i'll have to work on the pronunciation.
    No worries. You're doing good stuff. SLOBsauce or SLABsauce, don't matter as long as it can catch fishies.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast