HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best all aluminum crappie boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best all aluminum crappie boat?

I currently own a 15/46 alumicraft that is a good boat. But my family has grown and I'm looking to purchase a bigger boat with more room in the near future. I'm thinking about something around a 16/52 to a 17/54. I mainly crappie fish but I do occasionally trotline and run the river deer hunting. With that being said I don't want any carpet. I like to be able to wash down with a hose. I'm leaning towards a war eagle or a g3. I just wanted to get some opinions on what others have that are similar. What you like and dislike about different brands. Pros and cons please. Thank you
    Likes TN. WATERSHED, primitivefrn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Check out xpress boats too. Mine has a rhino liner type finish and is so much easier to maintain and clean than carpet.
    Thanks Grumpy1 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bud that did a rhino liner in a aluminum himself for about 400 bucks and I am for sure leaning towards some kind of aluminum with that kind of interior myself . not sure what brand but I have looked at several myself , good question sir best of luck on your acquisition
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Warrensburger LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The best one is gonna be rigged the way you like it, find one that can handle the chop then make it comfortable for you to slime it up with easy cleanup.....
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    I have a bud that did a rhino liner in a aluminum himself for about 400 bucks and I am for sure leaning towards some kind of aluminum with that kind of interior myself . not sure what brand but I have looked at several myself , good question sir best of luck on your acquisition
    I like the layout of a grizzly tracker SC. But I'm sceptical about them from some of the reviews I've seen. I just want a well built boat with plenty of room. And no carpet so I can wash blood and mud out easily. Gonna keep researching and looking

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  4091F451-07A4-4340-B88E-57A4A1DF4E8E.jpg
Views: 12439
Size:  65.2 KB I’m a big guy and so far this is the most sturdiest aluminum that I have fished out of and it has vinyl so you can just hose it down lots of room also!
    Likes primitivefrn, chaunc, BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

my ..best is an individual thing..what is best for me may not be your best..gather as much info as possible and make your decision based on the way you fish, and where you fish..after 2-3 boats, you will pretty much know what is 'best'
    Likes "G", Cane Pole, sharpshooter LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I never could make up my mind about what I really wanted or needed. So, I have several boats to satisfy my wants and needs.

I am sure many people are in the same boat about boats.

I got the best "tinnie" in the world and it is the only one like it in the world unless China has copied it. Of course, this is my opinion only.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 12-09-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes Tom 513, Don G, chaunc, BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you have young kids I like a deep v to help keep them in the boat plus good seating as well. I recently was looking at all the aluminum boats and my favorite was the Lowe boat very nice set up. Also most boats now you can get without carpet. Good luck on your search.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    2011 Z8 250 Mercury
    Solix 15
    360 on Ultrex

Dutchman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing how He said "run rivers in Arkansas " a deep v yankee boat is out . I do love them but most small southern rivers are to shallow for them. ( not many docks in my area either) I will go ahead and say start looking at a 18/60 or larger semi v . Keyword: family. If you buy a 16-17 boat , Several of your kids and wife decide they want to go crappie fishing every time that you do. ( which is a great blessing buy the way) . 17 ft ain't gonna get it if you want to be comfortable/safe. It will at first , but you will outgrow it quickly. Sides need to be a minimum of 24 " .100 gauge or thicker on a 18' + boat. Mine is .125. I would recommend a custom build if you can find a reputable builder. If not , start with Sea Ark. they are at least close to top of the pile when it comes to production built aluminum boats. These production boats will not have the storage you can get with a custom build. Express, War Eagle , Excel are good too. Crestliner and Lowe have come along way in recent years. I would consider them tier 2 with the G3. Tracker cannot compare to the other boats mentioned above if we are talking construction specs. Everything made from lighter material. Which is not a bad thing if price reflects that. ( although looking at prices a my local bass pro , it doesn't) . I performed Years of research on this subject before my last purchase. I was getting ready to have one built , when I stumbled upon a used F and F hull ( their out of business) that suited my needs. Good luck !!!
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast