Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Do you know these 2 North Carolina crappie locations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you know these 2 North Carolina crappie locations?

Total newbie to crappie fishing (have experience with lots of other fishing), and relatively new to Raleigh NC area. I've been bank fishing up at Eno River and Falls Lake (Beaverdam, Blue Jay Point, Eno River Access Red Mill Rd) for about a month. Have had a little success so far but not much consistency. Using live minnows under slip bobber, ~6-9ft deep, near cover (fallen trees).
    Anyone an expert on these areas? Do the crappie move out of the Eno river and down into the lake in winter? Or perhaps vice-versa?

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all to Crappie.com !!

Secondly, you might get more info from posting this on the NC state forum : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/north-carolina/

But, you can just leave this here & give it a day or so & see what info is provided. That's not to say that you need to stay in the NC forum, just that specific questions to local areas and/or subjects are usually provided with more answers in those specific forums.

Post Thanks / Like

Usually the fish move into the Eno and on up into the Flat River as it gets colder. I haven't been there yet this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing is Good on the Eno from late Fall through I'd say mid winter for Crappie. In the spring there is an impressive White Bass run.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! Welcome to the site! Come on in to the NC board like Pappy said too. Just watch out for Newly...he'll steal your doughnuts :O

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Central Florida. What I want to tell you is to not be shy to try methods you might think outside the box. Winter crappie can be as deep as 35' and in 2' of water on the same day. I found them deep among trees and on sunny shorelines. I'm sure there will be many answers to your question. If I found them deep, I liked a 1/8 or 1/4oz jighead and a shad looking body with braid and an 8' rod, almost deadstick. The thump is fantastic!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I live in that area, but I can't speak for fishing from the bank since my kayak takes me where I normally fish. PM me and I can point you towards a few places to try around here. Get yourself a kayak and you can meet me at a couple of the places I like to fish.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from the great of Arkansas
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina