HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ProNav Angler trolling motor control

Post Thanks / Like

Default ProNav Angler trolling motor control

I hope it's okay to post this here. Not getting much attention in the Mechanics forum. I'd love to hear some first hand experience with this unit.

Anyone have this setup on their trolling motor? I have researched very little but it appears it does the same thing as i Pilot link, except much cheaper. It's not hooked to your depth finder but you can use an i Pad with Navionics card. (I think that's right)

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone even heard about it? Know ANYTHING about it?

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

1st I’ve ever heard of that one!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have a ProNav

I have it! My ProNav is set up on a MinnKota Powerdrive V2 45lb motor and I switch it between my 14' Alumacraft and my fishing kayak. I use both my Android phone and iPad with it on the water, the phone is nice for portability but the tablet is better because it's easier to create a more detailed route or anchor point than the smaller phone screen.

I really like the ProNav! The app is easy to learn and use (you can download it and try it out first, that's what I did) and the accuracy is pretty tight. It's hard to say HOW tight when you're on the water, but when I talked to their support guy last summer he said the anchor and route accuracy is only going to get better as when they release a new version everyone gets it. I used the Pronav for a couple months before they partnered with Navionics and the integration of Navionics charts really took this to the next level. All you have to do is have a Navionics subscription login, then you login through the ProNav app and the charts appear on the map view of the ProNav. Google satellite view was great for shallow water but having charts really improved my fishing.

The biggest reason I went with the Pronav was so I could still use my Garmin Echomap and not have to switch to Humminbird to get the routing functionality. I like to troll and cast shorelines and the routes on the ProNav are easy to set up and then you just kick back and fish while it drives you. I also read somewhere on their site that they are designing a remote control for 2018, so hopefully that makes it even better so I don't have to unlock my phone to make adjustments on the fly.

I haven't personally used the ipilot link but I have fished Lake Superior with a guide who uses it and let me tell you, I can set up a route 4 times faster with better accuracy than he did on his link. Just my observation
    Likes strmwalker, Clipper LIKED above post
    Thanks FurFlyin thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You may get more responses from Walleye fishermen. Maybe ask over on walleye central.
    Thanks FurFlyin, Zman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information guys, I really appreciate it!
    Likes UPSlabHunter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome! If you have any other questions let me know, I'm happy to help.
    Thanks FurFlyin thanked you for this post