HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Claw Rod vs Bass Pro Ultra Light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eagle Claw Rod vs Bass Pro Ultra Light

I watch a lot on utube, specifically Richard Dean "The Fishing Machine". 95% of his fishing is for crappie. He says the best rod he has found is the Eagle Claw 6' Ultra Light. (Now Richard Dean says himself that there is something wrong up top (pointing to his head) but the man catches a lot of crappie, so when Checking on Amazon the cost is less than 20.00. At that price I ordered 2 rods. I received the rods and they are fiber glass with action that I think is terrific for panfish. The rods quality is better than what you would expect for 20.00. After searching the web for the Christmas presents I want to get with the gift cards I will be receiving I saw the Bass Pro Ultra Light rods which look similar to the Eagle Claw rods (same color yellow) at the same price point, with a couple differences, mainly the Eagle Claw appears to have a superior handle, but the Bass Pro rod looks like better guides. Can anyone tell me what they think of the Bass Pro Ultra Light rods? Thanks, Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pop View Post
    I watch a lot on utube, specifically Richard Dean "The Fishing Machine". 95% of his fishing is for crappie. He says the best rod he has found is the Eagle Claw 6' Ultra Light.
    He should get out more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Alphahawk, Crestliner08, footballcoach LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, I always thought the BP rod IS the Eagle Claw rod with the BP name on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

They let him out too much. He could be a danger to himself. I don't think they are the same rod because of the different handles and different guides. They may be the same blank. Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Richards fishes with a Eagle Claw Powerlight rod not the Featherlight rod. The Powerlight is has a I-M7 blank while the Featherlight has a fiberglass blank. I was lucky enough to Powerlight rod at a Academy store and I love that rod. It is much stiffer than the Featherlight which is to whippy in my opinion. The rod BassPro Shop sales is the exact same as the Featherlight with a different name attached to it. My rod is medium light rod and I am pretty sure Richard's rod is the exact same. I landed a 7 lb hybrid on mines a few years ago and it was a blast. Those Powerights are not real easy to find but you can typically get one for $30 or less. It's a good rod for the money.
    Likes Crestliner08 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
    Richards fishes with a Eagle Claw Powerlight rod not the Featherlight rod. The Powerlight is has a I-M7 blank while the Featherlight has a fiberglass blank. I was lucky enough to Powerlight rod at a Academy store and I love that rod. It is much stiffer than the Featherlight which is to whippy in my opinion. The rod BassPro Shop sales is the exact same as the Featherlight with a different name attached to it. My rod is medium light rod and I am pretty sure Richard's rod is the exact same. I landed a 7 lb hybrid on mines a few years ago and it was a blast. Those Powerights are not real easy to find but you can typically get one for $30 or less. It's a good rod for the money.
    Is the Powerlight a "travel rod"? Thanks, Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks pop, Buzzsaw thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    FWIW, I always thought the BP rod IS the Eagle Claw rod with the BP name on it.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ I have one and I believe it is.
    ProCraft 180 / Mercury 150 XR4
    Water Moccasin pirogue / Motorguide 54#

Post Thanks / Like

I fish a lot in winter I use bps rods because the wimpy glass rods wave too much in the wind u want the graphite rod so you can feel a 1/16 oz jig down to 20 ft. Your mileage may differ 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, his rod is a light Power rod, I imagine the action is moderate as it does flex a bit. I use some of the BPS Micro Light rods, actually several. They are also light power, claim to have fast action but I don't really think so. Seems softer to me. Power is the weight range for baits and lines to use, action is the way the rod breaks/bends over it's length.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast