HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need some advice.

I have a Ranger 391xt I am thinking about selling it an getting a Tracker Pro V 175 Combo. I am getting unstable as I get older and worry about falling in the boat or out of the boat. I have my boat set up like I want it and it has been a great for me, but I think the time in my life has come to get a different boat. What are the pro and the cons on the Tracker boat.
    When nothing is going right, Just go fishing.
    Earl Dibbles Jr.
    Likes Lene, nathansmithusa LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem and went with a Aluma Craft. with no console. I run a 50hp with hand tiller and the boat is totally stable. Plus nothing to step around or trip over. The boats look the same to me. I am sure the tracker is fine but the consoles would bother me.

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a Tracker and sold it and bought our Ranger. The Tracker was not stable at all and didn't have any storage or room for anything. This is just my experience and opinion. I wish you good luck whatever you decide to do.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

There are really stable aluminum boats out there. The most stable, IMO doesn't have a deck front or back. I currently own a 14' stick steering boat. It's in the barn needing restoration. If it were a longer boat and had trim on the motor, I would likely never have bought anything else to fish from. The Xpress that I just bought is absolutely stable, but there are decks to step up and down to. On a stick steer, not having decks, the boats center of gravity is lower which makes the boat more stable. Mine is only 44" wide on the bottom but it is very stable.

IMO, the best boat for someone who has stability, mobility, or balance issues is a stick steer. You never have to leave the seat. Drive where you want to fish and fish. Just get one with power trim or it will beat you to death on choppy water.
    Likes sprintfns, Broncosfantulsa LIKED above post

BAMA S is online now Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Pro team 195 trackers are very stable

Post Thanks / Like

I am talking about the deep v. I don’t want a big step up. I will still have to spider rig off of the front and shoot docks. I will do all of my long lining from the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    When nothing is going right, Just go fishing.
    Earl Dibbles Jr.
    Thanks rcfillingham thanked you for this post

BAMA S is online now Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad Phillip any deep v would surely be stable

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike58 from Indiana was nice enough to let me fish with him when I went to the Ky shindig he has a Lund and it was probably the most stable boat that I have been in .and that’s saying a lot with me being such a small fellow and Ky lake being so calm! () it was a twin console but he had removed the console on the left . very easy to manover around in and it has a rail system that was very easy to set up for spider rigging with plenty room up front or pulling out the back .very easy to load and un load had a 4 stroke 115 would get on up and go . Next to that is probably the Lowe boat. to me that biggest aluminum they make with out the xtra console would be a great boat.
    Likes "D", kyrich LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieFlopper,
    I'm looking at the same issues, probably in the near future at 73 yrs young. I have a Fisher 1610 SS ... I have fished out of for 8 yrs. as Furflyin said never have to leave the seat and pretty stable at 16' 3" , 54" bottom, 50HP. However with the wind and lake sizes in Oklahoma it will beat you to death even with trim. I'm starting to get disk problems in my back and I'm sure balance problems will show up soon. So thanks guys and please keep the advise coming.

Post Thanks / Like

If you looking for a boat that want bow. My lowe stinger wouldn't move. I've had some big boys in it and it will not bow like others. As a matter of fact they still have my Lowe on the lot. Pm me and I'll tell you where it is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post
    Thanks Dr Speck thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast