HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HEEEZ BACK ! ...WARNING ...selfie photo heavy pix .....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default HEEEZ BACK ! ...WARNING ...selfie photo heavy pix .....lol

Its been a struggle I tell ya , being out of the outdoors for 4 or 5 days and off the water left me out of tune totally . I have struggled in spots I normally hammer fish and went home with my tail tucked on 3 occasions with only 3 fish . So I thought lets try the creek again , last visit Monday was very poor and I hear tell its getting really hammered on the weekends . I rolled up to not one vehicle there at lunch time and thought hmmmmmm, this might be tough .
    Well I don't get discouraged easily ,but to be sure I couldn't ketch even a single fish for the first 30 minutes or so . I tried shallow, deep ,far out and close and fast and slow and never got a single peck ! I was about out of options and thought you know sometimes these fish sit in the current above the cover and lay in ambush . so I pitched to a spot I haven't tried and let it drift real slow back down stream and barely and I mean barely gave it a flick here and there , at one point the float slowly went under and I though I hung the log on the bottom and tried to pull it away before it got the hook in it and something pulled back?
    I thought hey wait just a minute I felt a fish by golly , so I pitched it again and tried to do the same basic program and I saw the float just "tick" and set the hook and the party began . I wore them little ole crappie lips down one after another yawl and man did it feel good to lay the hammer on em . I think I managed around 30 maybe or more easily and one spotted bass and got bit almost every cast . it was for sure a very very specific presentation and ANY deviation of it didn't get bit . it had to drift real lazy and just barely barely flick once in while ,while it drifted and without a crappie nibble it was No dice . the bait had to be small and highly visible and about 20 inches deep under the float . the water depth is around 4 foot or so average right in that area now as the creek is dropping in depth fast these days .
    so you see even though it was apparent the fish were not there from the initial observations , they in fact were there and just being tricky little crappie fish , never say never and to be sure don't give up on em , they may very well be there and just want everything to be so so ....all released and I would say about 2/3 were legal
    stay tuned yawl but don't stay thirsty ....
    p.s. a bud scouted a different location last night and found our fall/winter run fish in the dark in BIG numbers ....we will be visiting them soon ,so get out your head lamps , its about to get reeeeel ....
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks LedHed, Retired2Fish thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! That’s why I love crappie fishing!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see your back after them. Thanks for the pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

WTG!!!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Johnny-b-ketchn'em again !!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like ya found em good post

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Aaahhhh yeah those tore up thumbs sure are fun to get.....

Post Thanks / Like

Way to figure them out,nice catch!

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are back at them and ketchin some quality fish thanks for sharing

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're back at it. Always enjoy your posts about trips like I haven't made in a long time.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast