Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: rod holder help

maverick101 Guest

Default rod holder help

I have a old 14' alum v-hull im trying to figuer out how to set up some rod holders. Ive tried about 6 different kinds but none seem to work right with the railing, i would like to set up a spider rig but where i live your only allowed to fish with 2 poles.

jason

Post Thanks / Like

Default I feel you pain

I am in California and the rules here are two poles only per a pesron. It says you can have up to three hooks per a line though. I am setting my boat up now for crappie fishing too but I have a little more boat to work with. I have a 19.5 bass boat that will sit two comfortable up front. We are making a rod holder that will just fasten in using two pins at the bottom to hold it in place. It will have enough room for eight holders so that when I get back to florida I can fish more rods but in the mean time we are only going to use the two rods per a person. I fish with my 9 year old son so we will have four rods with 3 jigs/minnows each. We are going to use two base to connect the rod holder in the front 0of the boat. I am going to get two bases made for the back also so that if we want to fish in the back of the boat together we can. It is similiar to the rod holder in the back of the boat that I seen in a picture of Jim Duckworths boat. Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Contact me and will get you some pricing on tite-lok rod holders. Look at the website; www.titelok.com. Then get with me and save some $

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Driftmaster 4 holders on a t-bar. When i'm not spider rigging, all I have left is a small star base. You can remove some of the holders from the t-bar if you don't need them. You can put them back when you finally get out of Kalifornia.
    Are they afraid of crappie rods like they are detachable magazines?

Post Thanks / Like

Driftmaster Pro there a little pricey,but well worth the money.
    Can move the rod holders in any direction and locks down tight,remove them when not in use all that's left is small base. I have several base's mounted in my boat so I can move the rod holders around.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Give these a look!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick101
    I have a old 14' alum v-hull im trying to figuer out how to set up some rod holders. Ive tried about 6 different kinds but none seem to work right with the railing, i would like to set up a spider rig but where i live your only allowed to fish with 2 poles.

jason

http://www.hitekstuff.com/

Had them all, but am most please with these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=34753
    Last edited by Big Crappie; 03-15-2007 at 09:56 PM.