HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge Thank You to Excel Boats and BRM

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Huge Thank You to Excel Boats and BRM

When I started my search for a new boat for my guide service in 2016, I kept going back to the Excel Bay Pro 203. I compared features with other makes and models and read every review I could find. I decided on the Bay Pro 203.

When I started my search for dealers and prices, I kept going back to Bill Burnett at Big River Marine in West Memphis,AR. The price difference was large but Bill is a sponsor here and a crappie fisherman and he sold me on the boat and his determination to see me in his boat. The 3 hour drive was a non-factor considering the price Bill gave me.

The Excel has been everything I had hoped for. KY Lake is known for rough water with waves rivaling any lake around. My clients love the room, lay-out, ride and performance. Those factors have led to others to buy the 203, a couple of them after folks fished out of and even ran my boat.

Earlier this year I noticed my auto bilge pump would kick on periodically when we were fishing. It wasn’t a concern. As the summer went on, the pump kicked on more often. I started to get concerned and contacted Bill. We both decided it was probably a livewell drain line or even a bad hull plug.

I checked everything I thought might be the cause and found nothing. I then decided to unhook my batteries and put water into the boat with it sitting on the trailer. It took a while but I found my worse fear, a crack in a rib about 1/3 of the way back from the bow. I instantly started sending Bill photos of what I had found and he forwarded them to Excel.

I’ll spare all the boring details but I took the boat to the Excel factory in Mountain View, Name:  IMG_1511537113.130973.jpg
Views: 2255
Size:  112.5 KBName:  IMG_1511537136.582648.jpg
Views: 2769
Size:  159.4 KBName:  IMG_1511537180.273508.jpg
Views: 3419
Size:  115.4 KBAR. Once they inspected it, they told me I would be getting a new boat but in the meantime, they would repair mine so I could continue to use it for client trips. To say the repair was impressive was a huge understatement. It was a work of art!

A week ago Monday Excel came and got my 2016 203 after Rickie and I had pretty well stripped it. That was an easy job because we rigged it new. I’m so grateful to have such a talented cousin who loves to tinker with my boat. Thanks Rickie.

Tuesday my new 203 rolled into town. I got a different color, jack plate, and added hydraulic steering but otherwise,it’s the same as before. With my work load as a taxidermist and the holiday, we haven’t gotten it completely rigged. That will happen over the next few days as we work around Rickie’s and my schedules.

I want to say how grateful I am to Excel Boats and Bill Burnett for the way this has all been handled. All involved have handled a stressful situation with professionalism and courtesy. I’m proud to say I plan on running Excel Bay Pro models for the rest of my days.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I know nothing about Excel Boats. But I have nothing but great thing to say about Bill and his crew at Big River Marine also. Excel sounds like they done you right.
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina
    Likes "G", "D", BigRiverMarine LIKED above post
    Thanks chimneyman thanked you for this post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to see you got your new boat in and have pretty much got it rigged out. Your testimony is a great testament to how good the excell boats are and there customer service is second to nome. Enjoy your ride
    Likes "G", BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wondered why you were getting another boat. Hats off to both Bill & Excel for standing behind their product without a long drug out fight.
    Likes "G", skeetbum, BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats buddy. Looking forward to seeing on the water.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's good service on dealer and mfg end. Always glad to hear of folks getting treated right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes "G", Spaceman, BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Service is a big part of a expensive buy and looks like you had that covered. I don't know anything about Excel boats but I have heard nothing but good things about Bill.
    Likes "G", BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing beats a company that will take care of their customers. Great story and I'm glad you waited to tell it until after everything unfolded.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes "G", skunked again, BigRiverMarine LIKED above post
    Thanks Billbob thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's always good to hear about companies that stand behind their products. Thanks for sharing.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hats off to Bill Burnett and Excell Boats Name:  CraftyBelovedArctichare-max-1mb.gif
Views: 6385
Size:  5.2 KB
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast