PDA

View Full Version : Huge Thank You to Excel Boats and BRM

M R Dux
11-24-2017, 10:28 AM
When I started my search for a new boat for my guide service in 2016, I kept going back to the Excel Bay Pro 203. I compared features with other makes and models and read every review I could find. I decided on the Bay Pro 203.

When I started my search for dealers and prices, I kept going back to Bill Burnett at Big River Marine in West Memphis,AR. The price difference was large but Bill is a sponsor here and a crappie fisherman and he sold me on the boat and his determination to see me in his boat. The 3 hour drive was a non-factor considering the price Bill gave me.

The Excel has been everything I had hoped for. KY Lake is known for rough water with waves rivaling any lake around. My clients love the room, lay-out, ride and performance. Those factors have led to others to buy the 203, a couple of them after folks fished out of and even ran my boat.

Earlier this year I noticed my auto bilge pump would kick on periodically when we were fishing. It wasnít a concern. As the summer went on, the pump kicked on more often. I started to get concerned and contacted Bill. We both decided it was probably a livewell drain line or even a bad hull plug.

I checked everything I thought might be the cause and found nothing. I then decided to unhook my batteries and put water into the boat with it sitting on the trailer. It took a while but I found my worse fear, a crack in a rib about 1/3 of the way back from the bow. I instantly started sending Bill photos of what I had found and he forwarded them to Excel.

Iíll spare all the boring details but I took the boat to the Excel factory in Mountain View, 280938280939280940AR. Once they inspected it, they told me I would be getting a new boat but in the meantime, they would repair mine so I could continue to use it for client trips. To say the repair was impressive was a huge understatement. It was a work of art!

A week ago Monday Excel came and got my 2016 203 after Rickie and I had pretty well stripped it. That was an easy job because we rigged it new. Iím so grateful to have such a talented cousin who loves to tinker with my boat. Thanks Rickie.

Tuesday my new 203 rolled into town. I got a different color, jack plate, and added hydraulic steering but otherwise,itís the same as before. With my work load as a taxidermist and the holiday, we havenít gotten it completely rigged. That will happen over the next few days as we work around Rickieís and my schedules.

I want to say how grateful I am to Excel Boats and Bill Burnett for the way this has all been handled. All involved have handled a stressful situation with professionalism and courtesy. Iím proud to say I plan on running Excel Bay Pro models for the rest of my days.

Gindog
11-24-2017, 11:30 AM
I know nothing about Excel Boats. But I have nothing but great thing to say about Bill and his crew at Big River Marine also. Excel sounds like they done you right.

sinkermaker
11-24-2017, 11:36 AM
I am glad to see you got your new boat in and have pretty much got it rigged out. Your testimony is a great testament to how good the excell boats are and there customer service is second to nome. Enjoy your ride

kycreek
11-24-2017, 12:14 PM
I wondered why you were getting another boat. Hats off to both Bill & Excel for standing behind their product without a long drug out fight. :ThumbsUp

crp4570
11-24-2017, 12:45 PM
Congrats buddy. Looking forward to seeing on the water.

deltabound
11-24-2017, 12:45 PM
That's good service on dealer and mfg end. Always glad to hear of folks getting treated right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deltarat
11-24-2017, 01:28 PM
Service is a big part of a expensive buy and looks like you had that covered. I don't know anything about Excel boats but I have heard nothing but good things about Bill.

wicklundrh
11-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Nothing beats a company that will take care of their customers. Great story and I'm glad you waited to tell it until after everything unfolded.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

Slab
11-24-2017, 02:31 PM
It's always good to hear about companies that stand behind their products. Thanks for sharing.

"G"
11-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Hats off to Bill Burnett and Excell Boats 280963

Slabprowler
11-24-2017, 03:47 PM
Awesome looking rig! Glad everything went as should ! Congrats

skeetbum
11-24-2017, 03:53 PM
Glad to hear of a good process in a situation that could have been a nightmare. Good product and good service after the sale.

Kevmc
11-24-2017, 05:45 PM
Keep us posted with picture's of the rigging out!!

Zman
11-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Well that tells me what kind of boat to buy when I get ready for for a new boat [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

"D"
11-24-2017, 08:11 PM
Good post Doug. Best of luck with the new rig. Wet lines."D"

Jwater
11-24-2017, 09:05 PM
Glad to hear they took care of you. Purchased my boat from BRM, Bill is great to deal with.

catchncrisco
11-26-2017, 03:20 PM
Glad that's all behind you now Doug.... I know you said it's been wearing on you...mine is still parked in same place I put it just before duck season started...darn duck's!!

BigRiverMarine
11-27-2017, 07:47 PM
Thank you so much Doug for the kind words in a not so good situation. Speaking after the fact, itís sometimes a positive thing to have a problem just so you KNOW that everything you were told was the TRUTH, and not just a sales pitch. The hardest part of selling is making your customers realize how sincere you are. Most just think Iím a salesman instead of the honest person I Truly am. Even though you canít please everyone, with testimonies like yours, it makes people realize how dedicated I am to MY customers and Their needs. Like I told you in the beginning, ďIím not after your Money, Iím after your BusinessĒ!!! Thereís a huge difference in the two.

Excel did EXACTLY what they were supposed to do in this situation also. Every company out there has a few issues from time to time, but how you handle those issues is what really counts!!! The Proof is in the pudding so they say, and you have had the opportunity to see the Proof in this unfortunate mishap!!! Kudos to Excel and there loyalty to their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike58
11-27-2017, 11:31 PM
I might add that this new color is much nicer than the white!! Beautiful boat Doug

Clint
11-28-2017, 11:04 AM
I might add that this new color is much nicer than the white!! Beautiful boat Doug

I like the tan also, but it will be harder to spot Doug on the lake. Unlike Wiskers and his purple boat that can be seen for MILES..