HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best day ever

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best day ever

Today I had one of the toughest days fishing I've had in a very long time, yet I had one of the best days of my life. Since Kyler, my oldest son, was 4 yo (now 25) I have spent the majority of his and Randy's (youngest son 22) lives chasing my job.

Now, I have the seniority to work the jobs that I prefer and be able to take off pretty much when I want. Kyler, on the other hand, can not. Well...today the stars aligned.

We got the day started at 9am, light winds and cold, for me anyways, 35 degrees and very light wind. Water temp was 49, down from 53 a week ago. We started fishing where I left them last time with very little success. One keeper and 3 little dinks. About 10am the wind picked up to about 17mph made nearly impossible to set on my favorite holes. We struggled to find fish. What fish we found, and could stay on, had lock jaw. Finally, mid afternoon, the wind calmed a little and we was able to get on some big deep water trees, 30 FOW fishing 20-22 ft deep. picked up several dinks and ended up with 12 keepers.

It hasnt been until the last couple of years that Ive had the time (or is it taken the time?) to spend with my boys. Now that I can...they cant. Its almost a "Cats in the Craddle" kind of story. So...to all you "younger" parents on here. in crappie land, take it from my experience (and many others), time is precious. Money is not everything. They want to go fishing with you now and you cant, later it will be you want to go fishing with them and they cant.

At the end of the day I was wore completely out. It seemed as if I had ran a marathon. And I would do it again every day of the week if I could.
    Name:  20171122_200815.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  50.2 KB

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's great that you could spend time with your sons. My son don't like to fish but he said he would go catch some. By that he means that it would have to be non stop catching and I am not a good enough fisherman to guarantee that. Luckily my grandson does like to fish, so maybe we can build some great memories together.

Post Thanks / Like

"They want to go fishing with you now and you cant, later it will be you want to go fishing with them and they cant."

No truer words have ever been spoken! I have regrets that I wasn't able to spend more time with my kids growing up. Life is that way I guess. That being said, whenever I can now, I cherish the moments with them.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."
    Likes short grub LIKED above post

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 21 yo in college. Kinda know where your coming from. My time with him is priceless.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on being able to spend a day on the water with your son's! I know exactly how you feel, I have just about the same scenario with my son's.
    2017 MiCDC fall crappie guide of the year (FCGOTY)
    Member: “Michigan chapter of Team Overalls
    Haulin Ash Fishing Rocks-"D"
    Caution: If we fish together, you may be on YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Truer words have never been spoken.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story, thanks for sharing your special day. Best day everBest day ever

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great job! No amount of money can replace time spent with your kidsM
    Too blessed to be stressed!
    Likes short grub LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Been there done that 41 years working for the railroad so much lost time with my boys but 5 more months RETIREMENT

Post Thanks / Like

Great post. Congrats on a special day. Awesome advice and this aging guy agrees

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast