Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever hear of Outlaw Crappie Rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ever hear of Outlaw Crappie Rods?

I picked up a 10' at the boat show in Louisville today and damn that thing was light as a feather. I've never heard of this rod before. Damn place was closing and I had to leave. Spent all my time looking at pontoon boats. Sure found some ones I like. Going back later in the week to finish looking at boats and then I'll hit all the tackle shops and see if there's any deals to be had. The price of fishing boats in general are out of sight I think. Who in the hell would finance a boat for 120 to 180 months? That is plum crazy low interest or not. Looks like I'll be fishing out of my paided off Crestliner boat for a long while unless a bag of money comes my way. I did look at a 250 Mercury Verado today. Hell it didn't look any bigger than the 225 opti-max sitting next to it. The price of that Triton21x with that 250 was $47,000 and change after the boat show discount. I walked away talking to myself. Glad no one was close around listening. Even the cheaper aluminum rigs are high. Oh well life goes on.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Larry-Southern Indiana
    I picked up a 10' at the boat show in Louisville today and damn that thing was light as a feather. I've never heard of this rod before. Damn place was closing and I had to leave. Spent all my time looking at pontoon boats. Sure found some ones I like. Going back later in the week to finish looking at boats and then I'll hit all the tackle shops and see if there's any deals to be had. The price of fishing boats in general are out of sight I think. Who in the hell would finance a boat for 120 to 180 months? That is plum crazy low interest or not. Looks like I'll be fishing out of my paided off Crestliner boat for a long while unless a bag of money comes my way. I did look at a 250 Mercury Verado today. Hell it didn't look any bigger than the 225 opti-max sitting next to it. The price of that Triton21x with that 250 was $47,000 and change after the boat show discount. I walked away talking to myself. Glad no one was close around listening. Even the cheaper aluminum rigs are high. Oh well life goes on.

Larry
    http://www.outlawfishing.com/

the only rod Russ uses he said on the chat.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Outlaw Rods....

Quote Originally Posted by Larry-Southern Indiana

Larry

Larry....just heard of Outlaw Rods a few days ago when Rippa recommended them to one of our new members on the LA board. He said they were very light and something to the effect that he had never broken one of them. I Think it was under the thread "Jigging Poles" if you want to check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Outlaw rod. When jigging I use the 10ft. most of the time. Very lightweight, but plenty of backbone. They are all IM-7 graphite. If you bought one, you will not be disappointed!

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Larry Southern Indiana, my friend just bought a TR_21 with a 200 or 225 and it was like 35,000. My small aluminum boat was high too just like you said. Over 17,000. I tell you they are proud of their boats these days for what they charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry:

Even the cheaper boats are more expensive these days. A new Basstracker can cost more than 14,000 these days. I remember when they first came out and you could get on for 5,000. Everything is expensive to me.

Your boat is paid off so why not just enjoy it? There is nothing wrong with your boat. It's big enough and it's fast enough and we both know it's a very stable boat and great to fish out of.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I got over that new boat itch FASSST the last time I went to a dealer.Came back home & dang my ol' boat looked better than it has in years.>>>>Bentpole

Post Thanks / Like

I just got outlaw 10ft. pole today it is super light UL Action. I use 11ft. B&M Brush Cutter Super-Stiff Action do not know if I will like UL Action but will give it a try tomorao.

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall has a new "mighty lite" series that has an UL action as well. I don't like the UL action as well as the Light action on his other rods. Thanks for the heads up on the Outlaw UL action Denny, I was about to order one.

Post Thanks / Like

I just picked up a 10' Outlaw at our boat show. Can't wait to try it out, I like how light it is, as I like to do a lot of flipping and short casting with my long poles. Most seem pretty heavy after a while, so I was impressed with the Outlaw, just hope it isn't a breaker, I broke two long rods last spring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast