Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weather changes in a short period

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weather changes in a short period

A few days ago I decided I had to get out of the house after days of cold windy weather. The forecast was for partly sunny skies, near 50 degrees with a breeze of 10-15 mph. As usual, details matter - which most forecasts lack. Here are pictures of the changes:

morning:

midday:

an hour later:

sun came out (area I caught most of my fish):

rain and high winds gusting to 35 mph forced me off the lake by 4:30 pm:

Still managed to catch over 2 dozen fish in 5 hours in shallow water:
    Likes S10CHEVY, short grub LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent pictures and nice catch

Post Thanks / Like

Great report! Walt & I were planning on hitting the river here today. The forecasted temps are going to be in the upper 50's. However, by 9 am, we were getting clobbered by 20 - 30 mph winds. So, we cancelled our trip.

Looking like maybe this Saturday will be decent with temps in the 50's once again, but no wind warnings like today. We'll see. Regardless, it won't be long before we are forced to "bed" the boat for this season. It's going to be a LONG winter I'm afraid.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

On one weather site: tomorrow 48, partly cloudy with wind gusts over 20mph; on another site :48 with sprinkles in the morning and 10 mph wind. Going to try my luck based on the 2nd forecast. But if I'm surprised by 30 mph gusts like on the day posted - NO WAY!

Hopefully Dec. will have some mild days and make the winter seem even less long. Good thing fish are cold blooded and aren't affected by drops in water and air temperature (like my body) or they'd stop biting in Oct.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Fall Colors in those pictures. The Weather is crazy down here in the South too. Temps swings 25 to 30 degrees everyday.
    If you dont have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time time to fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics those lying weather persons??good for you to at least getting out

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

They lied again today. Sunny and 49 degree in the afternoon after a cold chilly morning that barely broke 40 and a chilly breeze making it feel like 35. Guess I wait until Indian Summer.
    Likes ozarks ranger LIKED above post