HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tville 11/14/17 Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tville 11/14/17 Report

I haven't posted on here because I haven't been fishing since May. I was able to finally get away from work on Tuesday and get some fresh air by myself. It took me a little bit but I found where they were hiding. Ended up with 23 keepers out of around 35 total. I released the fish as I caught them. It was a totally different pattern than I'm used to and I'm extremely rusty but it worked out great.

Had a great day on Tville with great views of the trees and wildlife.
    The secret to fishing? Fish where the fish are.
    Likes 1fishmike, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang, Bubba ... since MAY ?? Really ?? Doesn't seem that long ago .... then again, it has been awhile since you've posted a report.

Thanks for the report, and thanks for putting back those "keepers" .... think they'll be "keepers" next year, when the size limit goes to 10" (if it does) ??

Post Thanks / Like

I would've had a limit of fish over 10". They are meaty right now.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaThump View Post
    I would've had a limit of fish over 10". They are meaty right now.
    Thanks, that's good to know !!

I can't believe the lake is still above Summer Pool, this late in the year. You think that has anything to do with the pattern not being "normal" ??

Post Thanks / Like

If u look at the COE site, Tville has seen six fluctuations this year in water level. The fish may have given up on trusting the shallow water environment and went elsewhere to stay in more stable habitat early. I didn't expect them to be where I found them till after Jan according to my history fishing Tville.

I'd be glad to elaborate with anyone over PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My question is ... when did they change the drop to Winter Pool to Dec 1st. I remember when it was down 2-3ft by early to mid Nov, but that was quite a few years ago. And I think the drop to Winter Pool used to be a 4ft drop, and not just a 2ft drop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post

My question is ... when did they change the drop to Winter Pool to Dec 1st. I remember when it was down 2-3ft by early to mid Nov, but that was quite a few years ago. And I think the drop to Winter Pool used to be a 4ft drop, and not just a 2ft drop.
    can one of you guys tell me what that chart tells you what is flow i get that precipatation is related to elevation but how does that help you find fish ?

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dannyr3_8 View Post
    can one of you guys tell me what that chart tells you what is flow i get that precipatation is related to elevation but how does that help you find fish ?
    Flow-res out = how fast they're letting water out thru the dam. Normally it's fairly lite, like under 100cfs, so when the chart shows the red line sticking up above the bottom of the chart, then it's being pulled pretty hard. That usually sends the fish out away from the bank and deeper.

TVL OBS FLOW .... is how fast the water is coming INTO the lake. You will notice that those blue line spikes are directly under the starting point of the quick/high rise in the water level (and also equate to the incoming precipitation blue line spikes at the top of the chart) Rising water brings the fish into the bank, depending on the time of year, but quick rising water also picks up dirt and debris from the bank & makes the lake water dirty & trashy. Dirty "warm" water is not that much of a problem, but dirty "cold" water is. The "trash/debris" caused by the quick rise is just a navigation/safety hazard, and not related to the fish's mood.

For me ... the chart really doesn't "help me find fish", as much as it tells me the likely water conditions & level. I pretty much cast jigs & Road Runner lures at Taylorsville, so I'm generally fishing downed trees, standing trees, or brushpiles .... and just adjust my starting depth in accordance with the water level, clarity, season, and whether the water level is rising, falling, or stable for any length of time. Most of the fish I catch from there are in the 3-12ft depths .. with the 8-12ft depths being the most productive during the greatest part of the year that I fish there. Other peoples experiences may differ.
    Thanks dannyr3_8 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

thanks buddy makes a bit more sense now