HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stick Steer: Tracker vs War Eagle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stick Steer: Tracker vs War Eagle

I was finally able to look at the two stick steer boats I was interested in, side by side. The War Eagle 754 vs and the Tracker Panfish 16.

I was was expecting them 754 to be a lot bigger, really didn’t seem bigger at all. I do like the motor choices on the War Eagle, the one I looked at had a Yamaha 50. With Tracker you get a Mercury or you paddle.

War Eagle pros and cons
    - motor choices
    - more options for trolling motors, Fish finders, etc.
    - I did not like the sloping floor ahead of the drivers seat
    - I do like the tackle storage trays on either side of the livewell

Tracker pros and cons
    - chinese made Mercury motor
    - I like the storage bin in front of the driver
    - the padded center livewell will be good for grandkids
    - seats are more comfortable
    - underseat storage

The War Eagle was about $3K more than the Tracker, pricing new boats. Not a big enough difference to not get the boat you want, at least for me. A Suzuki motor may have been enough to sway me to WE, but all in all I prefer the Tracker in a stick steer boat.

I ended up with a barely used Tracker for a very good price. I got it Home today and of course it’s pouring down rain when I got it home. I’ll get some pics soon, and hopefully get it slimed this weekend.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak
    Thanks Clint thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Those smaller Mercs are made by Tohatsu and are every bit reliable. I like the Tracker except for the rear passenger/fisherman is quite cramped. I had a Pro160 which is same hull and it rode and fished great. Another option with the same layout as the tracker is G3 but more money again.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is another style I like
    Gator Tough 15 DLX | G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Never mind all the above. Just read the whole post and see you bought the tracker. Good on ya. Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Never mind all the above. Just read the whole post and see you bought the tracker. Good on ya. Enjoy.
    I need to change my sig pic

as as far as I could tell, the differences in new Tracker that I compared to the War Eagle are that the new one is painted black, mine is bare aluminum, and the gunnel has the accessory rail on the new one, mine doesn’t. Other than that I couldn’t see any differences.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the only changrs I can see as well. That hull has been used for many years. Good little hull.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got what you want now get out and use it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    Those smaller Mercs are made by Tohatsu and are every bit reliable. I like the Tracker except for the rear passenger/fisherman is quite cramped. I had a Pro160 which is same hull and it rode and fished great. Another option with the same layout as the tracker is G3 but more money again.
    The 40, 50, and 60 Horse Mercury Motors are made in A Mercury plant in China.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_Marine
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Huh. I was always under the impressiin they were outsourced from Tohatsu. Well mine ran like a champ and never a bit of trouble. And I ran it like I stole it.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had the little stick steer Tracker out a couple of times and have some questions.

Is it it normal for the steering to be significantly lighter turning left than turning right?

Anyone have an an onboard charger on one of these? I’ve ordered a Noco Gen2, and can’t decide where to mount it.

I cant trim the motor much at all before the prop cavitates. Doesn’t bother me as I don’t intend to go much over 20mph in this boat.

I think this rig rig is perfect for fishing the small lakes where I live. We have ten lakes ranging from 20 to 950 acres, with speed limits that range from “no wake” to 35 mph.

This should make a nice trolling rig when i when I get some rod holders installed. At idle gps Speed is .7 mph. With the Terrova I can vary the speed from .4 mph to 2.0 mph.

I love the large storage box in box in front of the driver, I can easily fit all the gear I need in there and still have storage under both seats and on both gunnels.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post
    Thanks rcfillingham thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast