HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Starting over, thanks to those that post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Starting over, thanks to those that post.

It has been a frustrating decade for me. I have had 6 surgeries on my ankle and both knees in the last 9 years. I have fished the best I could over that stretch but managed about as many trips per year as I usually did in a month before. The good news is "I am back". Sold my acreage and moved into town which frees me up to fish. I claim Truman as my home lake and mainly fish the Grand. I usually hunted in the fall before but my bird dog is gone and I am a full time fisherman (when I am not working). I welcome all advice on this fall fishing. I don't post often but say thanks to those that do, it kept me very entertained when I was limited. Hope to see you on the water.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The good news is fishing in the winter can be awesome and all the lakes have good fishing. I live in Bolivar right in between Stockton and Pomme so I don't get up to Truman much as I should, when I do I like fishing out of Bucksaw or Windsor Crossing and dipping trees. I might try getting up there when the fishing is good on the wier in front of the dam next year. Below Truman Dam can be good as well. You should try dock shooting with jigs at the LOZ it's a blast, I always catch fish when launching out of Browns Bend but they tend to run small lots of fun you just might not get any to take home. When I fish out of the other public accesses closer to Bagnell Dam the fish run bigger you just have to search to find them. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear you are getting back into fishing. I know how this site can help take the boredom out of being a home when you would like to be on the water.
    Likes Slabprowler, hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good news! I'm south of Peculiar, Shaddow Hills. Retired, flexible, new boat.
    I'll smoke just about anything (in my smoker)
    The fishing is always great. The catching varies.
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post
    Thanks Jign4Slabs thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hope to see you on the water someday good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your getting back out there. We need some more reports from truman.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure glad your back and feeling better. Let us know how you do when you get to go. Sure is good time reading other peoples post.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear you can get back after them, Truman is a good lake to call home.