Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod holder question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod holder question

For spider rigging, pushing and/or pulling which rod holder system is best, and why is it better than the others?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Spyder Loks are the best for all.....check the sponsor classifieds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes strmwalker, chippo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I second that! I love my spyder loks! They are very versatile and very sturdy! Easy and quick to adjust! Cant say enough good about them. Plus Mr. Gene (EZpoleholder) is a great guy to deal with.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/-memb...derloks-kicks/
    Likes broharrell, strmwalker, chippo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

X3!!!! I've got 4 sets of the 4-rod spyderlok's, and they are the cat's meow!
    Quality product for a more than fair price, and from a quality guy! Mr Gene Johnson!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes strmwalker, chimneyman, chippo LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Gene Johnson for your best price on Spyder Loks....tell him you are a c.c member for discount 16017503519

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes chippo LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you want one style to do it all then you will like spyderloks. They are very good. Singles like driftmaster crappie stalkers or titelok widow makers are better for spider rigging in my opinion but you can't pull with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies and looks like a unanimous decision. I will give him a call

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Hi-tek style rod holder system, myself. Basically because I don't like grabbing for the rod and having my hand/wrist poked by the forked tines of some of the other style rod holder systems. I've never owned anything but Hi-tek rod holders, but I have fished from other boats with the forked tines style holders. My current setup works very well for me, but if it was a matter of adjusting the height of the crossbar ... I could always go to the Cumberland Crappie 360 model Rod Holder (which has an adjustable height T bar & similar style holders).
    Any setup that has a bolt head or knob protruding up in the "saddle" (between the loop the handle end rests in & the notch where the front end of the handle lays) or forked tines is not going to get used by me. I don't need any "knuckle busters" or hand/wrist "pokers" delaying me from grabbing the rod as quickly as I can, especially if I have to grab the handle from that "saddle" area or past the U or V shaped tines.

I did add "knobs" to my setup, so that I'd be able to adjust the holders without the use of any tool. I don't Spider Rig often, but mainly Push jigs/cranks. And I use varying lengths of rods, so I do change the angle of the holders on occasion ... and those knobs allow me to do that by hand, on the fly. If I had it to do over again, I would consider the longer style knob that comes on the Spyderlocks ... but, as it is, mine work fine for their purpose.

Here's my setup (for clarification) :

Name:  20170801_131357.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  107.5 KB

Now, this is just MY opinion, based on my experiences, and not a promotion or condemnation or any product.
    Likes wannabe fisherman, cevans LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Teks work great!

authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I also prefer the HiTeks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast